Thread: SB00032 Dumb Question

Default SB00032 Dumb Question

I understand the service bulletin. My first CC had bonding problems about 4 years after it was built on a couple of induction tubes.

But rather than taking the induction system apart and installing the "heavier tubes" why not just apply hose clamps top and bottom to the existing induction tubes. I understand the induction hose disbonding creates induction leaks but it would seem hose clamps on otherwise good current style induction tubes would preclude leaks even if the tubes ultimately disbonded.

What am I missing here?
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: SB00032 Dumb Question

Bob, even with clamps the shrink tube has not held up well over time in general. You know how much we hate adding even grams of weight, but all things considered this is the right thing to do. We have changed all new production to the new conventional sleeve and lightweight clamps too.

Of course with an ELSA you're free to comply or not, but we recommend you do. If even a small leak develops you could get an overly lean cylinder and possibly do some damage. That would require lots of running at high power settings with an overly lean cylinder though, most owners don't cruise with high power settings above 75%, I suspect you're the same.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Bob, even with clamps the shrink tube has not held up well over time in general. You know how much we hate adding even grams of weight, but all things considered this is the right thing to do. We have changed all new production to the new conventional sleeve and lightweight clamps too.

Of course with an ELSA you're free to comply or not, but we recommend you do. If even a small leak develops you could get an overly lean cylinder and possibly do some damage. That would require lots of running at high power settings with an overly lean cylinder though, most owners don't cruise with high power settings above 75%, I suspect you're the same.
    Thanks Randy.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Did mine this afternoon. I used an exacto knife with the point rounded slightly and the blade facing up so it wouldn't gouge the induction tubes. I used a needle nose to help.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Try using a heat gun and they peel right off...no mess or scratching. Use the heat gun to remove the residual glue. Install the new hoses with the clamps,new orings and you're done!.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jim plaster; 11-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.