Thread: Only In A Carbon Cub

Default Only In A Carbon Cub

I just brought back my new FX from factory and I stopped in KS for my annual bow hunt.
    I get a call from local banker who lets me use his hanger out there every year. He got a call from Jay a 14yr old high school kid ask if that Carbon Cub that flew over his school yesterday went to his farm. He told him yes,wanted to know if there was any way he could get a ride. He told him I'm sure Chuck will take you up. So I went out the next day to meet Jay take him for a ride, he showed me all his family property (13000 Acres😄 Prime hunting land) we see three combines working a field he says thats my dad and grandparents. So to me that sounded like cleared to land! I reached up and grab the flap handle and he says were gonna land! (Yep) There was about 300' of alphalfa on top of a terrace. I landed right next to the combine while he was picking. His dad stops gets out and has the biggest smile and says I can't believe there's a plane in that little field,ended up taking him for a ride,while Jay jumped up and started running the combine. (These people don't ever stop working)I put Jay in the front seat let him take us back ( the long way for sure)
    His dad just bought a Cessna 140 and there both learning to fly.
    His dad said he will own a Carbon Cub!
    Made 2 new friends and have new hunting spots.

So we're hunting Fri am a deer runs by my son has a arrow stuck in it (flesh wound) then I see it run over a hill 1/2 mile away obviously not hurt! He said a guy walks out looking for deer never saw me and he walked back on his property. So the next day I take another one of the locals Flyin , I see a guy walking on top of a hill close to were we were hunting I'm thinking this guys looking for his deer, I reach up grab the flap handle and Cody says are you gonna land up there! (Yep) So I land taxi up to this guy. I can't even imagine what he was thinking at this point. I open the door say how ya doing (he has this look on his face)you looking for the deer you shot yesterday ? (Now he really has a look on his face)says yea. So I tell him the story. The last time I saw your deer he was chasing a doe. He says wow I bet you can see every thing up there (I just smiled). We Introduced our selfs and I made another friend.
    I would like to here him tell the story at his hunting camp trying to convince his buddy's a plane landed on top of that hill to tell him his deer wasn't dead.😄
    I'm not sure who was more surprised the local guy in the back seat with me or that guy who thought he just got caught poaching red handed😄
    Only in a Carbon Cub
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Default Re: Only In A Carbon Cub

Yup !! Only in a Cub !

Yup, a whole new world opens up when you let your baby get a little dirt on it.

Glenn

Went to a FL Cub Flyin @ River Ranch Over the weekend. Think we had 14 planes.4 Carbon Cubs , 1 Top cub,bunch of other cubs. Gary introduced me to some guys in the saloon they invited me to land at there hunting camp ,so I stopped by on the way home.Cool Place!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News