Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My journey begins - Flying Taildraggers

Default Re: My journey begins - Flying Taildraggers

Well thank you Chuck, I was trying, and yes I am aware of the non-towered but thank you for making sure. A simple UNICOM call could probably have avoided it all.

I was having some fun with the feelings of an experience I will never forget, and hoping it maybe caused others to think back to their first solo cross country, it was an amazing day.

Now you are in my range, so if you hear (or DON'T hear, possibly) "Zero-Two-Echo" on your 122.8 you will have time to make a full and abrupt adjustment to your controls to get out of the pattern, or clear the tarmac, seek cover, etc.

Larry.

Default I just won the lottery, it feels like it anyway.

On Thursday I earned my certificate at French Valley in the 172. On Friday I went to Cable to thank and shake the hand of my TW instructor, but he was flying.

But parked at the flying club at the other end was a bright yellow Sport Cub. One everyone would recognize if they had spent anytime staring at the used inventory from CC's website, I'm confident in that. 2008, 30 hours, stored, like new...

Just inside the club's door was this:

It was it's first day on the flight line at KCCB.

I joined the club this morning, and my first flight is with the owner on Wednesday morning.

A dream machine delivered to the flightline on my first day as a pilot, at my TW home base? I will see you all in Church this Sunday, my goodness. This is not my typical style of luck, I will probably get wiped out by a milk truck driving to the airport.

Larry.

Default Re: My journey begins - Flying Taildraggers

Have fun flying the Sport Cub Larry! Get comfortable in it, then cruise up to SMX sometime so Ben can give you some introductory off airport instruction. The Sport Cub's got the tires for it. It'll be the most exciting and rewarding experience of your budding aviation career.

Default Re: My journey continues - Flying N14KX

Thanks John. First flight was Wednesday morning and it was a blast! Going back Saturday morning for more...

Larry.