Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cub 617MR

Default Re: Cub 617MR

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph206 View Post
    Let the REAL FUN Begin !!!!!

I agree! Broke the five hour mark today. I'm still running full rich and back on the power a little to keep the temps down. Cylinder #3 and 4 are of course my hot ones.

Reading the CC break in manual they say 65-75% is around (2325-2450). On my G3X 2500 RPM at 4000' is showing 65%? If I ran 75% on the G3X at 4000' my temps would break 450 degrees. I'm just keeping my hottest cylinder at 420. I guess it is more of a art than a science. Just to many variables to have a standard procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubrath View Post
    Reading the CC break in manual they say 65-75% is around (2325-2450). On my G3X 2500 RPM at 4000' is showing 65%? If I ran 75% on the G3X at 4000' my temps would break 450 degrees. I'm just keeping my hottest cylinder at 420. I guess it is more of a art than a science. Just to many variables to have a standard procedure.
    The G3X will be right. Percentage power is not based on RPM alone. Alt, OAT, MP and RPM effect the power setting.

I met Michael and his son at the Winifred fly in this last weekend. They flew from South Dakota and me from NW Montana. We had a great time flying around the Breaks and there were three more EX Cubs from Arkansas plus Ralph's CC. Plenty of Carbon Cubs at Winifred.

I was was really impressed with his build. He did an outstanding job. His fabric and paint work looks like it was done in the CC factory. And a bright 10 year old son too. I imagine he will be a pilot one of these days too.

Nice job Michael!
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Took the cub on its first adventure. The fly in at Winifred was great. Ralph did a fantastic job! Weather was a bit of a chalange but we managed to fit 20 airplanes in a hangar to avoid the hail! Only problem was lightning took out the power so we were all stuck in the hangar the next morning unable to get the door open! Third generator was the charm!! The people were great and the flying was awesome. We flew over a lot of back strips but we were only able to land at Russian Flats and Knox Ridge. All the other strips were too wet. The CC was great! Put on another 10 hours and no issues. I flew the whole time with two other Super Cubs and had to run at 2100 RPM to keep pace, got to like those fuel burns!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cubrath; 06-13-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I met Michael and his son at the Winifred fly in this last weekend. They flew from South Dakota and me from NW Montana. We had a great time flying around the Breaks and there were three more EX Cubs from Arkansas plus Ralph's CC. Plenty of Carbon Cubs at Winifred.

I was was really impressed with his build. He did an outstanding job. His fabric and paint work looks like it was done in the CC factory. And a bright 10 year old son too. I imagine he will be a pilot one of these days too.

Nice job Michael!

Dan,

Thanks!! I really enjoyed our time together!! I think that's one of the best parts of owning such an awesome airplane is all the people you get to meet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubrath View Post
    I agree! Broke the five hour mark today. I'm still running full rich and back on the power a little to keep the temps down. Cylinder #3 and 4 are of course my hot ones.

Michael, FWIW, on my way home from the Breaks Sunday I was running 2400-2500 rpm. OAT was in the 50-60 degree range at my altitude. My CHT's never went over 340º. I run fairly lean - probably LOP at times.

Often I run lower RPM's so my CHTs would be expected to be lower but at 2400-2500 not so much.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Wow, I hope I get there. I was keeping pace with the other two cubs so I was running at 2200 RPM and was seeing 380 for my highest CHT. I was also leaning very aggressively. I think they will keep coming down. Had 47 hours on the tach when I landed back in Spearfish.

Well it's been a good Oshkosh. I came back to my airplane yesterday afternoon and found a new card on my prop. I have to wait until the ceremony tonight to see what we won.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well congratulations. Well deserved I'm sure. Let us know exactly what it is.

Default Cub 617MR

Way to go! Congrats on your Bronze Lindy!!!

https://www.facebook.com/midatlantic...97865107016568

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by N867SP; 07-31-2016 at 07:09 AM.
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18