Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2015 via Caters Lake Michigan tour.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar

Default Oshkosh 2015 via Caters Lake Michigan tour.

We are going to Gastons to meet Jeff Baber, July 16th and then on to hook up with Chris Cater for his Lake Michigan tour on July 17th.

Looks like fun. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

Chris wrtes:

Ok fellas,

I am planning on leaving Cadillac on the 18th two days before the show. I will be doing some reconnaissance flights up north to find some cool areas to land at. I have a good friend named Eric that lives up in Boyne Mountain area and has several really nice grass trips in that area. I have attached a loosely depicted flight plan for the trip over. First day lunch Mackinac Island, first night somewhere on door County for a camping overnight. Probably somewhere around Fishcreek or Washington Island. Second day will leave door County and head into camp Cub Crafters or wherever aircraft will be stationed for the week.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Aircraft LLC; 06-13-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

Default Re: Oshkosh 2015 via Caters Lake Michigan tour.

Hmmmm!!! Not sure exactly what my timing is for getting a plane there. Maybe not Gastons but maybe hook up mid stream.
    I'm thinkin your a bad influence!
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    I'm thinkin your a bad influence!
    Chuck

It's a sickness....
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

This message is for all pilots planning on doing the northern Lake tour to Oshkosh. The plan is to have everyone fly into Cadillac Michigan (KCAD) arriving on July 17. I have reserved a great camping space right on the airport with tables chairs and even a fire pit. The evening of the 17th I have lined up a boat tour for us all to ride boats over to One of our local restaurants on Lake Mitchell. After dinner will go back to camp and a bonfire. On the morning of July 18th we'll all depart for our first leg up to Mackinac Island for lunch, we will spend a couple hours on the island for lunch. Second leg of our journey will be north over the north side of Lake Michigan following the shoreline until we arrive at the tip of door County. Will turn south and head into Ephraim Gibraltar airport (3D2). Ephraim has allowed us to camp there are on the airport. The airport has a bunch of bicycles and a crew car that we can use to head into town and have a great dinner on Green Bay.

On the morning of the 19th will all wake up break camp and head south to our final destinations, Oshkosh, New Holstein, or camp CubCrafters, wherever you'll be spending a fantastic week with your fellow airman.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call Chris Cater 231-633-8359.
    Christopher Cater
    GREAT LAKES CUBS
    www.greatlakescubs.com

Hey Scot,
    Jeff gave me the heads up at Sun n Fun that this trip was in the works. I'd definitely like to join you guys. I'm on my way to JOhnson Creek this week and then on to Canada for the summer....so part of my plan for my "Transcontinental by Carbon Cub Tour" was to end up at Camp Cubcrafters at Oshkosh. I'd leave Canada a day or so early and meet at the starting point of Chris' Lake Micnigan tour.
    Very cool.
    Thanks
    Paul

Sounds good Paul stay in touch.

Wish I could make Johnson Creek.
    Last edited by Warren Aircraft LLC; 06-14-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

I am going to spend the week at camp Cub Crafters at Oshkosh and plan on spending the next month flying around that part of the country without an agenda. I am game for anything. Please count me in and keep me informed as plans firm up.
    Loumeiners@icloud.com

Will do Lou.
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Aircraft LLC View Post
    We are going to Gastons to meet Jeff Baber, July 16th and then on to hook up with Chris Cater for his Lake Michigan tour on July 17th.

Looks like fun. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

Chris wrtes:

Ok fellas,

I am planning on leaving Cadillac on the 18th two days before the show. I will be doing some reconnaissance flights up north to find some cool areas to land at. I have a good friend named Eric that lives up in Boyne Mountain area and has several really nice grass trips in that area. I have attached a loosely depicted flight plan for the trip over. First day lunch Mackinac Island, first night somewhere on door County for a camping overnight. Probably somewhere around Fishcreek or Washington Island. Second day will leave door County and head into camp Cub Crafters or wherever aircraft will be stationed for the week.

image.jpg
    Do to some hotel issues we will plan on meeting on the 17th in MBL, Manistee Michigan. I have 12 rooms blocked off for pilots who want a hotel for this night. Please call me to confirm you will need a room in MBL. 231-633-8359. We are planning on leaving MBL in the morning and end up on Mackinac Island for lunch.

After we leave Mackinac Island we will be heading over to Door County for a night of camping at the airport. Sorry but Door County and summer time bookings can be difficult at best, Lots of people and not enough rooms.

Again if you plan on joining us please give me a call and I can answer any questions. Chris Cater 231-633-8359
    Christopher Cater
    GREAT LAKES CUBS
    www.greatlakescubs.com

Chris do you know if you can land in the grass at MBL?
    Thanks
    EV