Thread: G3X Software Updates v 3.5

Default G3X Software Updates v 3.5

Garmin has added a bunch of features to the G3X Touch over the last two months. I really like fast Garmin innovates on their experimental product line.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...=155&pID=63892

In V3.5

ESP-X (requires autopilot) : When you exceed user-selected pitch, roll or airspeed limitations while hand-flying the aircraft, ESP-X provides gentle nudges on the flight controls to lessen the aircraft’s pitch attitude or bank angle—and that correcting force grows stronger as those exceedances increase. ESP-X goes beyond providing pitch and bank envelope protection to also offer high- and low-airspeed protection. In a high-airspeed situation, ESP-X engages the G3X autopilot servos to increase your pitch attitude, while built-in parameters further prevent the aircraft from exceeding G-limit load factors. In low airspeed situations, ESP-X engages to provide a gentle pitch-down force to reduce the likelihood of a stall—and ESP-X automatically disables when the aircraft is operating within 200 feet of the ground. In addition, pitch, roll and airspeed envelope protection parameters are all customizable, and for flight training or aerobatics, you can easily inhibit Garmin ESP-X.

gliderangezoomedout.jpg

Estimated glide range ring to map : The G3X Touch Glide Range Ring is displayed as a cyan ring around the estimated area that can be reached by the aircraft in the best glide range configuration. The Glide Range Ring fades into view on the map as the aircraft climbs through 500 feet AGL. The range is based on the Best Glide Speed (VG) and Sink Rate (at VG) entered by the pilot. Best Glide and Sink Rate are combined with the aircraft's height (AGL), wind, and bank angle to determine the distance the aircraft can travel.

'Best Airport' bearing pointer option : The G3X Touch Best Airport Bearing Pointer feature is tied to the Glide Range Ring function. The Best Airport Bearing Pointer points to the airport within the Glide Range Ring that is considered the best option for a landing based on the following criteria:

User entered glide performance (Sink Rate and Best Glide Speed).
    Aircraft altitude and direction of flight.
    Airport elevation.
    Wind velocity.
    The expected flyover altitude (i.e., airports with 1000' or greater margin take precedence).
    Hard surface runways (i.e., paved runways take precedence over grass runways).
    Runway lengths.
    Runway alignment with the wind (if known).

In V3.0

Added support for Connext (pair system with Garmin Pilot on iPad / iPhone)

Custom sensors

In V 2.8

Allow individual configuration of ADS-B receive capability settings on transponder configuration page when using a 1090ES transponder in conjunction with a GDL 39(R)

Add heading reference line to map

Add ''View Departure Airport'' and ''View Destination Airport'' WPT page menu options

Add raster chart night mode

Add COM radio tuning ''Press & Hold'' knob support to swap frequencies

Default Re: G3X Software Updates v 3.5

Thanks...can't wait to get mine wired and running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!