Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World VFR panel CGR30-p issues

Default Re: World VFR panel CGR30-p issues

Did anyone out there with this panel see any change when you installed new CHT probes? My temps increased slightly but are still unrealistically low. Wiring on number two cylinder probe is bad as that one is all over the place. I confirmed with another world panel owner that he had exact same issue after CCS install. Not the probe itself but the wiring .
    Oil temps never go over 155 so it seems the new style vernatherm "fix" in not accurate either?? Any one else have similar findings?
    fly safe, R

My airplane is at CC for help with the EI now.... I'll keep you posted. R
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyroyce View Post
    Oil temps never go over 155 so it seems the new style vernatherm "fix" in not accurate either?? Any one else have similar findings?
    fly safe, R
    Royce,
    I'm also scheduled to have the oil temp probe relocation service bulletin (SB00027) done in a few weeks @ CCS. When I read the SB, I get the impression that we may never see what most of us think as normal oil temp (180F). The SB explains that with the new probe location we will be sensing a blend of oil that has exited the oil cooler with oil that has not been cooled. Many of us are used to oil temps being sensed prior to entering the oil cooler thus higher oil temps. With the new lightweight accessory case installed on our 2014 and newer CarbonCubs, I'm guessing that there is no port available to sense only oil temp prior to the cooler. If I'm wrong in this understanding of the SB I hope someone will correct me.

I have seen an increase of about 60 deg. on my CHTs. I haven't noticed much on the Oil Temp.

Josh

Just to wrap this up, we wound up having to send Royce a new CGR30P kit. He replaced the display and saw marginal improvement. He then replaced the EDC. This brought his numbers in line.

Yesterday I returned my CGR 30P to EI for the third time. The current issue is that it losses track of Tach and Engine Hrs. On two occasions the hours have reverted to 0 then started to increment from there. At about the same time the display began showing "COM" in red letters on power up.

I just returned from Maine to my home in Florida. Much of the flight was with OAT in the 50s but Oil temperature is consistently between 140 and 147. My mechanic in Maine tells me that on oil change, my oil has the appearance of a little moisture in it which he attributes to not running hot enough.

Josh

The COM error just popped up on a brand new plane. We ferried it back to the factory this morning. We'll see what we find.

Do you have any tape over your oil cooler? You can tape off a section to raise your oil temp. We use aluminum foil tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Delamarter
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters, Inc.
    jond@cubcrafters.com
    Office (509)367-5200

Thanks Jon,

By all means let me know what you find with the COM error. My dialog has been with Tyler Speed and since he will have my unit in a couple of days you and he might get to the bottom of it.

Aluminum tape has been suggested to me and I thought I would try it once I got the plane back to Florida.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    By all means let me know what you find with the COM error.
    Josh - This from our Avionics Manager today:
    "I just spoke with E.I. and they were able to duplicate the issue we found with the red COM's. They have repaired the EDC and updated both the CGR and the EDC to Electronics International's current manufacturers specs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Delamarter
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters, Inc.
    jond@cubcrafters.com
    Office (509)367-5200

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yesterday I returned my CGR 30P to EI for the third time. The current issue is that it losses track of Tach and Engine Hrs. On two occasions the hours have reverted to 0 then started to increment from there. At about the same time the display began showing "COM" in red letters on power up.

I just returned from Maine to my home in Florida. Much of the flight was with OAT in the 50s but Oil temperature is consistently between 140 and 147. My mechanic in Maine tells me that on oil change, my oil has the appearance of a little moisture in it which he attributes to not running hot enough.

Josh
    I have to send mine back to them, I have the same thing. COM. And then sometimes the screen will flash white and reset the tach. Sometimes it will zero the remaining fuel