Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headset with bluetooth

Default Re: Headset with bluetooth

I am using Bose A20 in my FX-3 and I'm not impressed by them. It's not that they are bad, it's that they have a bass response that is great for music but inappropriate for communications. Some aircraft microphones have a good bass response and they transmit all the low frequency engine noise. Similar low pitch background noise is picked up by some controller's microphones. This low frequency noise can make some communications almost unreadable.

The problem I have with the A20 may be partly caused by the GTR 200. It includes the intercom and is also designed to pass a music source to the headset. The GTR 200 could have been designed to provide different equalization for music and coms but it doesn't seem to have been.

If I continue to use the Bose in the FX-3 I'm going to have to find a way to cut the bass response.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_john7 View Post
    Lightspeed Zulu PFX has excellent noise reduction, but the price bites.
    Unfortunately they no longer make the PFX
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Please tell me which variant of the Bose A20 is more practical from batteries or from the aircraft electrical system?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_12 View Post
    Please tell me which variant of the Bose A20 is more practical from batteries or from the aircraft electrical system?
    You don't have to make that choice. Mine will operate either from internal batteries or from the electrical system. I also purchased the standard plug adapter so I can use the A20 in airplanes that do not have the 6 pin connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_12 View Post
    If you are only using it in one airplane that has LEMO jacks, the panel power type is very convenient.

If you use the dual GA plug version with batteries it is compatible with pretty much any airplane that has headset jacks, and they tend to filter electrical noise out that sometimes gets in through the LEMO jack panel power type.

For over a decade all CubCrafters aircraft have been equipped with both GA and dual GA jacks for both seats.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Thank you Pete D and Andy for your answers!