Thread: Yakima To Oshkosh 2014 - Join Me!

Super Moderator

Default Yakima To Oshkosh 2014 - Join Me!

Yakima To Oshkosh 2014

CC EAA - OSH 2014.jpg

Hi Everybody!

CubCrafters is bringing a factory demonstration aircraft (equipped with our new Executive Glass Touch panel) east from the factory in Yakima to display at EAA AirVenture as part of our 2014 Oshkosh program. It sure could be fun to meet up with some other folks with similar type aircraft and fly to Oshkosh as a group. In that regard, if anyone wants to meet up and join along my route of flight, here is roughly where I will be and my itinerary for the trip east from Yakima: CC EAA - OSH 2014.pdf

This trip will be very informal, if anyone shows up it will just be some slow and low types flying the same route to meet new friends that enjoy the same type of flying along the way to the show. Flying during the day and telling stories in the evenings. It will be some camping out and some FBO/hotel stops. Anyone that wants to meet up should plan their own food, accommodations, etc.

Obviously there is a safety consideration when multiple aircraft share the same airspace. This won't be formation flying, we won't be a 'flight', and everyone who's thinking about joining the group should review the requirements of FAR 91.111 and other relevant sections of the AIM.

I'm planning on leaving Yakima on July 19th (Saturday) and heading south for a night of Camping at Alvord Hot Springs the first night. East past Boise and across the Treasure Valley in Idaho, then south past Salt Lake City, and ending up in Moab, Utah by the night of July 22nd. Crossing New Mexico, northern Texas, and Oklahoma should put me at Gaston's in Arkansas on or about July 24th. North to a camping stop at Erie, Illinois the night of July 25th, and then on to Oshkosh (with maybe a stop at New Holstein first), arriving Saturday July 26th at EAA AirVenture. Note that the route and schedule will need to be a little flexible to accommodate any weather.

Once again, this is informal, we want to have fun and fly safe. It's just an opportunity for the community of similarly minded pilots to meet and have a good time. If anyone is interested, send me a note and I will build a email list and update when and where I will be along the way each day to the folks who might be interested in joining along. As a group will establish a en route frequency, discuss aircraft separation for safety, and try to make this an enjoyable trip, keeping it as simple and fun as possible.

I will also have a SPOT track going that people can have a link to find the group's progress and where we're at along the way. When the time comes; this link will take you to the SPOT track for the group.
    Last edited by Brad Damm; 06-18-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Brad Damm - Vice President of Sales and Marketing
    CubCrafters - Yakima, Washington
    Office: (509) 248-9491
    Cell: (509) 961-2313

Default Re: Yakima To Oshkosh 2014 - Join Me!

Brad...you know you're welcome either direction.... Ralph
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

Super Moderator

There hasn't been a lot of interest in this trip, so it's been cancelled for 2014.

We may try again next year with more advance notice. I will contact those that did express an interest directly to me as well and let them know I will be headed more directly form Yakima to Oshkosh.

For those coming to AirVenture in 2014 - See you at the show!
    Brad Damm - Vice President of Sales and Marketing
    CubCrafters - Yakima, Washington
    Office: (509) 248-9491
    Cell: (509) 961-2313

I will be leaving Johnson Creek on 7/24 for OSH. I don't suppose hooking up is practical because I am doing low and slow. See you there. Mike