Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAA changing the rules (again)?

Default Re: FAA changing the rules (again)?

Chris (and all),

While at SNF we were in an industry meeting with 5 various FAA staffers in attendance. The 8130.2H draft was one of the agenda items and they explained that indeed the language was a mistake and is being corrected. Their best estimate is that the corrected version would be published in roughly December.

We have learned enough about it that we are no longer on 'red alert', but we will continue to monitor the situation of course. The EAA is all over this so make sure your dues are paid in support of their effort.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Chris (and all),

While at SNF we were in an industry meeting with 5 various FAA staffers in attendance. The 8130.2H draft was one of the agenda items and they explained that indeed the language was a mistake and is being corrected. Their best estimate is that the corrected version would be published in roughly December.

We have learned enough about it that we are no longer on 'red alert', but we will continue to monitor the situation of course. The EAA is all over this so make sure your dues are paid in support of their effort.

Randy,

Thanks for the quick follow up and I'm glad to hear that the FAA is working to correct the language in 8130.2. I echo your comments regarding supporting the EAA - they do great work.

Cheers!
    Chris

Randy,

Has there been any update as to the status of this since April? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Standley View Post
    Randy,

Has there been any update as to the status of this since April? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Eric
    Nothing formal that I'm aware of, but I've heard references to it in various other meetings and we remain not worried about it. As with most projects it is taking the FAA longer than estimated to get it finished up.
    Randy Lervold