Thread: GTR-200 - Great Radio

Cool GTR-200 - Great Radio

Funny how these things start - intermittent PTT problem with my SL-40 radio caused me to change it out along with the Garmin 400 GPS (which just didn't feel very LSA like;-) Now I have a Garmin GTR-200 and a Aera 550. Still got a few thing to finish off but took it for a quick trip around the pattern. Auto squelch works perfectly and the audio quality is excellent. The GPS feeds the GTR-200 so the frequencies are display along with the airport identifier.

My setup had a PTT switch to activate the intercom which was a pain to use so live intercom with auto-squelch is a nice upgrade. I had SteinAir make up a new radio harness plus probaby 2 complete days of time to install it all. Everyone I have spoken to says Garmin put the equivalent of their high end intercomm in this $1200 radio. Next job is ADS-B traffic/weather for the Aera - anyone else done that ?

Robert
    PS Garmin SL40 and Garmin 400 for sale ;-)

Default Re: GTR-200 - Great Radio

Cubcrafters installed a Garmin GDL39-R Remote ADS-B Receiver in a customer's Carbon Cub, and interfaced it with a Garmin aera 560. Our customer (South Florida) reports excellent results with both ADS-B generated weather and traffic.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Default Re: GTR-200 - Great Radio

Is there a factory Out solution yet?