Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In ear headsets

Default Re: In ear headsets

Hi Rick,
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you with the results of a flight with Clarity Aloft headsets(too windy to fly)
    I flew this morning using them and I would rate them about the same as Zulu without the noise attenuation turned on, in other words very noisy. If you still want to get a pair I have two sets that I will sell at half new price, hardly used.
    Regards Bruce

Sorry to hit this horse again. I used Clarity Aloft (2 sets) in my N3N, Bonanza and Cub. That is, I have lots of time with this product to compare to ANR's with David Clark, Bose and the other pick-up headsets. Clarity Aloft worked fine until they didn't. Then the customer service absolutely stunk. Caveat emptor.

Just one more point. It was the mic that failed intermittently TWICE. Two different head sets. I would rather have lost the earphone. Think about that failure if you have not experienced it. Then consider it on the first day of a four day cross country flight. Not good.

Mike

I just bought a set of Bose ANC QC20s for my daily 2 hour bus commuting. Initial impression is very good. I hope they're working on an aviation version. Or maybe someone can come up with a conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinspop View Post
    I just bought a set of Bose ANC QC20s for my daily 2 hour bus commuting. Initial impression is very good. I hope they're working on an aviation version. Or maybe someone can come up with a conversion.
    I sure appreciate all the comments. I think for now I'll try the zulu's without my glasses and see how that goes. I'm not sure I'd like those plugs in my ears anyhow, especially if they are a lot louder that the anr sets. and I darn sure don't want the mike failing on me.
    Now if I could just go flying! I'm really sick of winter. Wonder if it will ever end? Guess I ought to be thankful that I got to fly a couple of times after fixing the tail wires.

The nice thing about the way Bose does the ear bud thing is that they don't cram into your ear like all the others I've tried. Rather, they 'nest' into the ear canal opening braced in place with a small wing-like thing. Picture a flapper valve in a toilet. Doesn't hold firmly enough to run or engage in sports, but they stayed put yesterday for a couple hours of snow shoveling. I'm sure an aviation version would be very well executed.