Thread: How did you change your ELT antenna?

Angry How did you change your ELT antenna?

It's time for a 406 ELT and after looking at the current antenna position (behind the aft cabin fiberglass bulkhead) I am scratching my head as to how to remove and re-install the 406 antenna. It looks like it was installed before covering the fuselage and will be a real challenge to change now. My thought is to cut an access hole through the fiberglass bulkhead and access from the top and then devise some kind of cover plate. Anyone done this change over?

Default Re: How did you change your ELT antenna?

I am building a cub kit and install 2 access doors in the rear of the extend baggage I will take a photo and send it to you Bob Stark, Brad Damm is the one that came up with the Idea and did the work.

Default Re: How did you change your ELT antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    It's time for a 406 ELT and after looking at the current antenna position (behind the aft cabin fiberglass bulkhead) I am scratching my head as to how to remove and re-install the 406 antenna. It looks like it was installed before covering the fuselage and will be a real challenge to change now. My thought is to cut an access hole through the fiberglass bulkhead and access from the top and then devise some kind of cover plate. Anyone done this change over?
    Would you mind sending photo to me as well. Thanks!

slycat@me.com

Michael Davis
    0003 N606RJ
    Michael D
    N606RJ