Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GoPro camera mounting techniques

Default Re: GoPro camera mounting techniques

Correct, the cabane vee is the same if you have standard bungees or AOSS.

It is different, but similar between the 3x3 gear and the non 3x3 gear though.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I hadn't paid much attention to the new cameras available until my brother came to visit. He brought his GoPro Hero 3 and we made a quick attach onto the jury strut. To isolate vibration I cut a section of extra CC elevator gap seal and inserted between the strut and camera. A few plastic ties and away we went. I'll make a link to our gravel bar landings after doing some editing. It seemed to work well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

My brother did some editing of the GoPro and posted to YouTube. Here's a link
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QafyfbDgwj0

We land on three gravel bars and then about the time of the mosquito strike fly over our ranch which is everything on the left side of the river from then on.

Naturally I ordered my own hero 3 and should be making more fun soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post

We land on three gravel bars and then about the time of the mosquito strike fly over our ranch which is everything on the left side of the river from then on.

Those are great! They would be really nice if you uploaded them in HD like 720p or 1080p! Maybe it's me, but I am only showing them at a very low 360p ?
    Very neat though regardless
    Steve

Dan
    Great videos....! What a beautiful place you live for flying. How did you guys mount that GoPro? I say a bit of 'jello' movement at certain RPM settings, but by and large it was pretty steady.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bosshardt View Post
    Dan
    Great videos....! What a beautiful place you live for flying. How did you guys mount that GoPro? I say a bit of 'jello' movement at certain RPM settings, but by and large it was pretty steady.
    Rick
    Hi Rick, a couple posts up I show our quick and dirty plastic tie method for the first attach method. You're right I've got great landing places just minutes from our airport and on the ranch. This time of year I fly almost every morning. You're right too that there is a little jello at some rpm's.

Steve, I thought the resolution was low too. I'll ask my brother. He posted it to YouTube. The HD on my computer is much better.

Hi Rick, a couple posts up I show our quick and dirty plastic tie method for the first attach method. You're right I've got great landing places just minutes from our airport and on the ranch. This time of year I fly almost every morning. You're right too that there is a little jello at some rpm's.

Steve, I thought the resolution was low too. I'll ask my brother. He posted it to YouTube. The HD on my computer is much better.
    Just keep in mind even when you upload to YouTube at 1080, when it is time to view the video YouTube may "auto throttle" resolution of the video if it senses you are on a slow internet connection. Lately I have been using a slow DSL connection which will result in viewing my 1080 videos at 480 resolution on YouTube.

In my experience to reliably watch full 1080 resolution on YouTube you have to be hooked to a fast cable modem or lately Verizon LTE which can often give speeds faster than a cable modem if you are near the tower.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Just keep in mind even when you upload to YouTube at 1080, when it is time to view the video YouTube may "auto throttle" resolution of the video if it senses you are on a slow internet connection. Lately I have been using a slow DSL connection which will result in viewing my 1080 videos at 480 resolution on YouTube.

In my experience to reliably watch full 1080 resolution on YouTube you have to be hooked to a fast cable modem or lately Verizon LTE which can often give speeds faster than a cable modem if you are near the tower.
    YouTube itself slows down a lot- especially on week ends. Even if you have good home internet speed.
    Mine is good with Verizon FIOS, and still 1080 is slow at times from YouTube.
    Last edited by Steve Y; 07-21-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Those good 'old' days with Verizon LTE seem to be over. Their data capacity is overloaded and I haven't seen respectable LTE data speeds anywhere in the county for months.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Those good 'old' days with Verizon LTE seem to be over. Their data capacity is overloaded and I haven't seen respectable LTE data speeds anywhere in the county for months.
    What kind of equipment are you using? Most of my experience recently is with a CradlePoint COR modem/router hooked up to two high gain external antennas on my EarthRoamer. I am still seeing high speeds. Just getting ready to head back to Oshkosh in the EarthRoamer so I will have endless hours to test speed round trip from the West coast.

Here is what I am seeing in the Pacific Northwest right now.

Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA