Thread: Info for kit builders

Default Info for kit builders

DSC02617.jpgDSC02618.jpgOn the 2nd kit I discovered a fix to a problem I had on the first kit, everyone but me probably allready know this but for those that don't I will explain.
    The problem was installing those little blue turnbuckle clips in the top elevator turnbuckle, if you will turn the top turnbuckle in untill you have the required 3 threads showing put the blue clips in the turnbuckle and install in on the elevator horn then loosen the bottom turnbuckle so you can install it on the bottom of the elevator horn tighten so have the required 3 threads and you will be very close to the 60lbs cable tension. It is somewhat easier to install the bottom clips.
    I also put a insp. plate on both sides of the tail and the bottom of the fuselage to make it easier to get at those turnbuckles.
    I will try and post 2 pictures of the insp. plates.
    EV

Default Re: Info for kit builders

Good tip EV. Those are hard to get to.

So how did you attach the brackets that hold the receptacles for your fasteners to the lower longerons? I made a similar access panel on my EX and used Southco quarter turn fasteners. I made a radiused receptacle and then used the gray adhesive that comes with the kit to glue them in place. I would have welded them but didn't want to mess up the nice powder coated finish on the longerons.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: Info for kit builders

Dan:
    I welded them and then repainted I didn't want to but it looks like the best choice.
    EV