Thread: Leading Edge Skin Clamps

Default Re: Leading Edge Skin Clamps

Are there any plans or CAD files available for those clamps? What's the weight for the set? I'm based on the other side of the planet, so i wonder if it's more economical to fabricate them. Maybe 3d Printing would work with a couple of parts screwed together? I'm far away from even starting to build, but still this discussion keeps popping up so i wonder.

Fellow Builders,

I just finished attaching my leading edge skins. Have a set of clamps ready to ship. Contact me on N876RV@gmail.com and I'll get them shipped out.

Thanks ... Jeff

hi. Welcome to the club! Yes, cubcrafters does have plans to cut the main side pieces for the clamps and they are very simple to build. I built 5 sets a couple years ago and got them out to builders. CC actually cut the side pieces themselves out of particle board and sent them to me and I added the other pieces of wood and hardware. Ask Pete Dougherty there (you will get pt know him REAL well during your build.) to see if he can send you the plans. Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by JanDetlefsen View Post
    Are there any plans or CAD files available for those clamps? What's the weight for the set? I'm based on the other side of the planet, so i wonder if it's more economical to fabricate them. Maybe 3d Printing would work with a couple of parts screwed together? I'm far away from even starting to build, but still this discussion keeps popping up so i wonder.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Thank you i will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    hi. Welcome to the club! Yes, cubcrafters does have plans to cut the main side pieces for the clamps and they are very simple to build. I built 5 sets a couple years ago and got them out to builders. CC actually cut the side pieces themselves out of particle board and sent them to me and I added the other pieces of wood and hardware. Ask Pete Dougherty there (you will get pt know him REAL well during your build.) to see if he can send you the plans. Very simple.

I have a set of clamps ready to ship. You can contact me directly flyanozira (at) gmail.com

Nelson

Finished with the clamps. Ready to ship to the next builder. Contact me at: stevenmichaud1289@gmail.com

I have a set of leading edge skin clamps ready to ship. email is wleecotton@outlook.com

Set of leading edge clamps ready for the next user. Leaving for Oshkosh Thursday could bring them with if it worked out.

Looking for set of the LE clamps for EX3
    Scott Seabourn Lodi CA
    209-601-9321

Hello All
    Looking for LE clamps
    Regards
    Scott@seabournindustrial.com