Thread: Rear seat throttle controls

Default Rear seat throttle controls

Are there any provisions for an aft seat throttle or barriers to installing one? I don't have the fuselage kit yet so I cannot tell. Wifey thinks I'm going to have a heart attack and she won't be able to control the throttle to land. She doesn't care much for me but she wants to save herself and the plane. Happy wife, happy life.

In addition, I'll ask if anyone has run the mixture control to the throttle control as a throttle/mixture quadrant for the pilot?

Wishing I had the fuselage kit already.

Default Re: Rear seat throttle controls

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Are there any provisions for an aft seat throttle or barriers to installing one?

Wishing I had the fuselage kit already.
    Throttle contols for both seats are located on the left side of the fuse under the window (not on the panel). You also have stick, rudder and brake controls for the rear seat, if you choose to install - some builders have chosen not to install. Anything on the panel like the mixture, carb heat, cabin heat would not be accessible to the rear seat pilot.

Congratulations, and good luck with your build.

Tony

Thank you Tony. Hopefully I can actually sit (maybe fly) the CC for the first time at Lompoc this weekend.

I left all of my rear seat controls out including the throttle lever. I made up longer rudder cables and ran them direct to the front rudder pedals.

I don't need help flying from passengers or cargo