Thread: Skylight Retaining Strips

Default Skylight Retaining Strips

Does anyone know what these are? they are on the 2015 Order guide. Any pictures?

Skylight Retaining Strips

Default Re: Skylight Retaining Strips

I recommend, just get them and save yourself the frustration. Without them the differences in coefficients of expansion for your plexiglass vs your fuselage will pop your skylights up some hot day. This is an old problem...had it on my first sport cub 2006 or 07, years ago anyway. Two plexiglass replacements later, they developed these retaining strips. Anyone else out there had this problem? R
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

Default Re: Skylight Retaining Strips

On my 07 Sport Cub, the top lexan separated some on the sides. I installed the retaining strips. So far on my Carbon Cub, without retaining strips, I have not had any issue. Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    I recommend, just get them and save yourself the frustration. Without them the differences in coefficients of expansion for your plexiglass vs your fuselage will pop your skylights up some hot day. This is an old problem...had it on my first sport cub 2006 or 07, years ago anyway. Two plexiglass replacements later, they developed these retaining strips. Anyone else out there had this problem? R