Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Cub G3X - ADS-B In/Out

Question Carbon Cub G3X - ADS-B In/Out

Looking at Carbon Cub with G3X option.

Has anyone bought a new CC with both the Garmin GDL 39R ADS-B and Garmin GPS 20A ADS-B Out?

Feedback with this ADS-B In/Out solution??

Jon
    Last edited by txcub; 04-03-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Default Re: Carbon Cub G3X - ADS-B In/Out

Both are options listed on our order form. The GPS 20A will make the G3X system "Out" compliant and uses the WAAS antenna that is in the VHF/GPS Combo antenna we are using. The GDL 39 will get you "In" traffic and free weather. Both are remotely mounted and work very well. I have not been disappointed.

Just wanted to chime in here but would like to hear from others out there that are equipped. What do you folks think?

-Matt Dickey-
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt Dickey
    Manager,

Installation for ADSB in and out was straight forward. Easily done while the plane is under construction and every thing is accessible. How to do it:

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post14330

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post14342

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/showthread.php/1791-Chuck-and-Ryan-s-Build-Tips?p=14411&viewfull=1#post14411

Thanks, good pics of installation. Actually looking for user feedback from anyone that bought a new CC with this combo...(I edited original post).

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Installation for ADSB in and out was straight forward. Easily done while the plane is under construction and every thing is accessible. How to do it:

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post14330

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post14342

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/showthread.php/1791-Chuck-and-Ryan-s-Build-Tips?p=14411&viewfull=1#post14411

Quote Originally Posted by txcub View Post
    Thanks, good pics of installation. Actually looking for user feedback from anyone that bought a new CC with this combo...(I edited original post).

Jon
    Shucks, I thought there might be a cream puff coming on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Shucks, I thought there might be a cream puff coming on the market.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe!
    Last edited by txcub; 07-05-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcub View Post

Jon
    I have both installed in my G3X equipped plane. Works great, I got a passing ADS-B Out confirmation from FAA.
    N80DB #119 E-LSA / G3X Touch

Hi all, BIG question re the G3X touch. Is there any way to transfer my user way points into the G3X? I have transferred them from my 796 to an SD card in Garmin format and cannot find anywhere in the manual or otherwise on how to transfer. I do see the ability to load flight plans but not user waypoints. I inserted the SD card and no pop up or anything. I have to assume someone has done this already? Please advise Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Both are options listed on our order form. The GPS 20A will make the G3X system "Out" compliant and uses the WAAS antenna that is in the VHF/GPS Combo antenna we are using. The GDL 39 will get you "In" traffic and free weather. Both are remotely mounted and work very well. I have not been disappointed.

Just wanted to chime in here but would like to hear from others out there that are equipped. What do you folks think?

-Matt Dickey-
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked up #400 with this combo and works very well! Came cross country from Washington to Florida and have 52 hours on the bird already using this system . Occasinally I do have a ghost traffic warning appear which I assume is my reflection because its always at my exact spot, but other than that all great . Best Gary

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Just picked up #400 with this combo and works very well! Came cross country from Washington to Florida and have 52 hours on the bird already using this system . Occasinally I do have a ghost traffic warning appear which I assume is my reflection because its always at my exact spot, but other than that all great . Best Gary
    Thanks for the feedback Gary.
    I get the same ghost traffic on the Stratus/Foreflight often so I think it is an issue with ADS-B no so much the internal equipment.
    Jon