Thread: Intro from GRT Avionics

Default Intro from GRT Avionics

Hi CUBCRAFTERS,

My name is Carlos Fernandez with GRT Avionics. GRT Avionics manufactures the Sport SX, Horizon HX and HXr electronic flight information systems (EFIS). We introduced the Horizon HXr earlier this year and are approaching 70 units shipped.

We are putting the finishing touches on the following systems for the Carbon Cub EX kit; 10.4 or 12.1 inch display, single or dual AHRS, autopilot, remote radio stack, and Android tablet interface (for backseat). Visit grtavionics.com and let me know if you have questions about the HXr system for the Carbon Cub EX kit.

Panel.jpg

Best regards,

Carlos Fernandez
    GRT Avionics
    Last edited by carlosf@grtavionics; 10-19-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added image.

Default Re: Intro from GRT Avionics

Hey there,

If anyone is interested in talking to Mr. Fernandez about this panel he is filled with knowledge on subject. My grandfather and I have been working closely with him and the picture you see in his post is how the panel will be laid out in our EX with the 10.4 HXr EFIS and remote radio and transponder located behind the panel, it makes for a really clean looking efficient and very capable setup. We can't wait to finish covering and get to work on the panel! If anyone has questions you can contact me or Carlos at GRT. We all think this is the perfect panel for the carbon cub and I will be sure to post pictures as we get to the install point!

Chris & Merle Mulder

HXr.jpg

Default Do more for less with GRT Avionics...

Hi Cubcrafters,

It looks like the Mulders are on track to get their system installed in their Cub soon and another to be installed in the near future as well. GRT Avionics has had great success with the HXr system and customers are loving the versatility, capability, and simplicity it brings.

It may surprise you what this capability costs when compared to systems costing 10x more. It has everything you need and want for less and it looks great too. One feature you may like is the ability to configure an airstrip as a runway, anywhere in the world, and give it a name like Back-Country International. The system works great and is helpful finding that airstrip on the next trip to the back-country.

Let me know if I can help you select the GRT Avionics HXr system for your next Cub.

Great avionics for great aircraft.

Best regards,

Carlos Fernandez
    GRT Avionics
    carlosf@grtavionics.com
    grtavionics.com

I recently finished Carbon Cub Experimental number 19 and have just flown off the 40 flight test hours. I installed a Grand Rapids Technology HX EFIS and GRT Engine Information System. I am planning to install a ADS-B receiver for weather, and the GRT autopilot servos. In the near future (I hope) Grand Rapids says they will have the WiFi link available for the HX EFIS. I have already built a fold out table on the back seat of the Carbon Cub that will hold and support an Android based tablet so I will be able to show whatever is on the EFIS screen to my back-seater. I went with GRT because I have had very good experience with their products in my RV-7A which has been flying since Aug 2000 without a single GRT issue. During this time I have received several useful software upgrades which have increased the usefulness of that EFIS. I highly recommend GRT.

Tailwinds, Dennis Stephen

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Carlos,

Will you be at Sun N Fun?

I wouldn't mind a chance to see your stuff if time permits.

John Moreland
    SWT Aviation
    CubCrafters CSC

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I recently finished Carbon Cub Experimental number 19 and have just flown off the 40 flight test hours. I installed a Grand Rapids Technology HX EFIS and GRT Engine Information System. I am planning to install a ADS-B receiver for weather, and the GRT autopilot servos. In the near future (I hope) Grand Rapids says they will have the WiFi link available for the HX EFIS. I have already built a fold out table on the back seat of the Carbon Cub that will hold and support an Android based tablet so I will be able to show whatever is on the EFIS screen to my back-seater. I went with GRT because I have had very good experience with their products in my RV-7A which has been flying since Aug 2000 without a single GRT issue. During this time I have received several useful software upgrades which have increased the usefulness of that EFIS. I highly recommend GRT.

Tailwinds, Dennis Stephen
    Do you have any photos of your installation?
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Carlos,
    Will you be at Sun N Fun?
    Yes. We'll have a booth there, building D, booth 005-006. If you have questions ahead of time let me know.

Best regards,

Carlos Fernandez
    GRT Avionics

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    Do you have any photos of your installation?
    Pete,

Here's a photo of my GRT HX installation. GRT EFIS.jpg
    I made a new instrument panel in which to mount the EFIS, EIS, SL40 Radio and GTX 327 Transponder. The little knob near the top right corner of the EFIS screen is my oil temperature control. That knob is connected to a cable that opens and closes a door on the back side of the oil cooler.

Dennis

Default 10.4 HXr display and fewer switches for Carbon Cub

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for posting the picture of your panel.

With the GRT Avionics HXr there would be the 10.4 HXr, fewer switches, and backup airspeed and altimeter (if you really wanted them). The entire radio stack is remote and controlled by the HXr.

We will be releasing a remote nav radio from Val Avionics soon...likely within the next month.

It just keeps getting better, the avionics too.

Best regards,

Carlos Fernandez
    GRT Avionics