Thread: Flap rigging

Default Flap rigging

Installed the flaps today. I clamped the flaps and ailerons instead of using tape after the tape let go and the flap swung down and scratched my back window. Grrr.

After fighting with the front fork and the washers, I got the linkage installed. (Not easy to get the washers inside the fork on either side of the flap handle tang)

I released the clamps and the flaps are 1/8 inch below the ailerons. The slop in the linkage i guess. When I push up on the trailing edge of the flap, it stops even with the neutral aileron. Is this normal?

I am dreading removing the fork to make an adjustment. I wish CC would use a left hand thread on one end so just twisting the flap rod would make the adjustment. Any tricks on removing and reinstalling the front flap fork?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Default Re: Flap rigging

Here is what I mean

The second pic I took up the slack in the flap linkage.

Jake
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Jake -

Looking good! I am going to be back up in MN next weekend. Will you be around?
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

Quote Originally Posted by J2cub View Post
    Jake -

Looking good! I am going to be back up in MN next weekend. Will you be around?
    Nope, I have a Paris and Amsterdam trip at the airline....when it warms up. 31F tonight. Brrr.

Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Apparently, CC changed the flap rod and fork so the forward one is left threaded and will adjust like a turnbuckle. I ordered a set. The idea of fighting that front fork more than once is worth the cost.

Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    Apparently, CC changed the flap rod and fork so the forward one is left threaded and will adjust like a turnbuckle. I ordered a set. The idea of fighting that front fork more than once is worth the cost.

Jake,

Just starting doing that today. You aren't kidding....tough getting that flap rod onto the flap handle! After 2 hours finally called Mitch......he said to use superglue to glue the washer/s (I only had enough room to fit 1 thick washer INSIDE the fork) on first. Made it easier but I still can't get the left side one in. There isn't enough room from the flap handle bracket to the header to get the bolt in there and insert it. Only thing I can see to do is to remove the window frame hinges and push that headed panel inward to get enough room to get that bolt started. Spent 4 hours today just trying to get that done to no avail.