Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel primer line installation Carbon Cub EX

Default Fuel primer line installation Carbon Cub EX

Morning everybody
    Im just installing the boot cowl and associated looms,lines ect but can not find any info on the fuel primer assembly on the dash or how to terminate the fittings,additionally parts call out.I have found reference to the engine end of the lines....and how to solder them....Appreciate any help to point me in the right direction and get this task out of the way......thanks again.
    Kenny Edwards
    Aussie Carbon Cub...

Default Re: Fuel primer line installation Carbon Cub EX

The aft/instrument panel ends of the primer lines connecting onto the primer pump take a little bead and nut. When the nut is tightened onto the primer port it squeezes the nut onto the copper line. Not sure if they come on the primer perhaps? It has been a while since I have installed one new.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    The aft/instrument panel ends of the primer lines connecting onto the primer pump take a little bead and nut. When the nut is tightened onto the primer port it squeezes the nut onto the copper line. Not sure if they come on the primer perhaps? It has been a while since I have installed one new.
    Thanks Pete
    do you or can you get a reference in the manual that gives me the part number for those fittings...appreciate your help and look forward to your reply
    kenny

Balfour,Southland, South Island, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Edwards View Post
    Thanks Pete
    do you or can you get a reference in the manual that gives me the part number for those fittings...appreciate your help and look forward to your reply
    kenny
    Give us a call if you're stuck kenny
    local no 032016146

It appears the part numbers are HDW-50915K611 (COMPRESSION FITTING SLEEVE, FITS 1/8” OD TUBE) and HDW-50915K121 (COMPRESSION FITTING NUT, FITS 1/8” OD TUBE) Those are CC part numbers.

That is from the CC11-160 Parts Catalog chapter 28 Fuel items 47,48 on the inset drawing of the primer shown on page 37. The Parts Catalog can be found on the customer support page at cubcrafters.com or linked directly here.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I'm installing the fuel primer lines on my EX. Should I use a thread sealer like EZ Turn or Loctite 567 while installing the copper compression fittings at the primer, gascolator or engine?

IMG_4524.jpg
    Jim Morrical

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    I'm installing the fuel primer lines on my EX. Should I use a thread sealer like EZ Turn or Loctite 567 while installing the copper compression fittings at the primer, gascolator or engine?
    No sealant required on the lines. Slide the nut on, then the bead. Insert the line fully into the primer or fitting. Then tighten the nut. The bead forms into the copper line.

When cutting the line, it usually gets a burr on the end. You will want to file the end flat and maybe even use an Xacto or similar knife to debur the inside of the line before installing it.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I'm installing the primer fuel lines. I have a couple questions about current recommended practices.

My Garmin Executive Glass Installation Manual suggests two layers of heat shrink on the copper primer lines behind the firewall. Is this still recommended?

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.28.22 AM.png

In this thread there is some talk of a strain relief loop just above the Gascolator. Some of the chatter seems to say it's not a good idea. One person suggested a small loop. What is best practice?
    Jim Morrical

Hi Jim,

The shrink tubing is an easy way to provide chafe protection to the soft copper lines with fuel in them while they are accessible but before everything is finalized. Otherwise you will need to be under there after everything is all done making sure they aren't contacting or rubbing on anything after the boot cowl is on and final installation of the mixture and cabin heat control cables etc.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    It appears the part numbers are HDW-50915K611 (COMPRESSION FITTING SLEEVE, FITS 1/8” OD TUBE) and HDW-50915K121 (COMPRESSION FITTING NUT, FITS 1/8” OD TUBE) Those are CC part numbers.

That is from the CC11-160 Parts Catalog chapter 28 Fuel items 47,48 on the inset drawing of the primer shown on page 37. The Parts Catalog can be found on the customer support page at cubcrafters.com or linked directly here.
    I cannot find those parts in my finish kit inventory. Are those parts, Sleeve/Nuts and the copper fuel line, included in the EX2 Kit or are they obtainable from CubCrafters?