An interesting discussion for sure. If you know for certain your flying style and conditions work well with a 80 inch prop then that's easy as long as you will never get "2 foot'itis" on your prop and wish for the 83 later. As mentioned, the switch to an 83 is nearly a $20K change (prop + wheels/tires). I wonder when/where CC decided 29's were required as there's not much difference in the 26's in prop clearance I'm guessing. And if I were to get Beringers which raise the nose then I could go with 26's most likely but in the end 26's and 29's don't cost much different and one person pointed out to me 29's may last longer as there's more tread so more to wear, who knows.

I don't think I can go the 80in route as northwest flying may be in my future, still trying to figure out where I want to grow up

Now has anyone tried or considered a 3 bladed CS prop like the XCub offers? Something better suited for the FX3 engine but 3 bladed and still constant speed? There may be several benefits in this setup, 26's, less noise/vibration, maybe better cruise?