Thread: Speed Pants for cubs

Default Speed Pants for cubs

Looking over the specs for the Carbon Cub EX I see it has some impressive performance. I am excited to see you offer gap seals for the tail and rudder. One of the first jobs I had out of college was working on STC certification of a pair of speedpants for a company that makes speedpants, gap seals and other aerodynamic performance parts. These type of seals usually have a fairly significant increase in cruising speeds (around 5% was our experience) speedpants can also yield similar results (often better). My question is: does Cub Crafters have any plans of developing speed pants for the landing gear of your cub? I have seen some original cubs with speed pants but dont think any company currently makes them. I am looking into the Cub EX for my first homebuilt and would love it if this is a component that may be available in the future.
    Last edited by GarandOwner; 04-16-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Default Re: Speed Pants for cubs

Garandowner
    Welcome to the forum. At this time we don't have any plans to offer speed pants, but as a builder you could surely add them to your Carbon Cub EX. If you would like, you could give me a call we could discuss your up coming Carbon Cub EX project.
    Thanks
    Mitch Travis
    509-248-9491