Thread: New Kid On The Block

Default New Kid On The Block

Hey Everyone,

A couple months ago my Grandpa and I ordered the EX kit. Mitch was awesome to work with even though I bugged him daily. The crate showed up the other day, everything was packaged extremely well. I was impressed with every box I opened not only in the packaging but the parts are very well made. Cant wait to start building! Just thought I would introduce myself!

Chris Mulder

Default Re: New Kid On The Block

Congratulations. You will really enjoy the build process, and the quality of all the parts. I just started on the fuselage on my kit last week.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    Hey Everyone,

A couple months ago my Grandpa and I ordered the EX kit. Mitch was awesome to work with even though I bugged him daily. The crate showed up the other day, everything was packaged extremely well. I was impressed with every box I opened not only in the packaging but the parts are very well made. Cant wait to start building! Just thought I would introduce myself!

Chris Mulder
    Congratulations Chris! What a great project to work on with your grandpa. I ordered mine at Sun 'n Fun and Mitch didn't wait more than day or so to contact me and send out assembly manuals. This CC team and their EX product is head and shoulders above any other kit that I've looked at...and I've spent several months looking, leading up to my trip to Florida to make a decision.
    I don't have my grampa around to help with the build but I do have three sons that will pitch in. Bonus is my wife will be helping with covering! We'll have to stay in touch, you, Tony and I, being as we're getting started roughly the same time.

Hey guys, Just an update, we finished both wings and are almost done with the fuselage kit, after the all important boot cowl that is. Where are you guys at??

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    Hey guys, Just an update, we finished both wings and are almost done with the fuselage kit, after the all important boot cowl that is. Where are you guys at??

Chris
    WOW. You are really moving along quickly. I only have weekends to work on mine. I started the boot cowl last weekend, and should start covering everything in the next couple of weeks. Tony

Wow Chris! You guys are really moving on that!

Chris, that's awesome. Good work. Youre leaving me in your smoke trail. My kit arrive June 21st but I won't really get started in it until later in August.
    Paul

Update-

We covered the fuselage and are ready to bring it to the spray booth, we had a month or two where we didn't work on it much because we moved hangars and had to insulate it, put in a ceiling and all the electrical, a heater, put real walls up and paint! We have much more room now. 485114_10151311932645708_464811485_n.jpg

Left wing paintedphoto-60.jpg