Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW! Ground Adjustable Composite Prop for Experimental Carbon Cub

Default Re: NEW! Ground Adjustable Composite Prop for Experimental Carbon Cub

The ink's barely dry on my check to Cubcrafters for my Carbon Cub EX but I'm already looking forward to having this built in versatility. Great idea for those of us that are looking forward to cross country travel as well as playing in our back yard.

Any updates on this prop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the Whirlwind for 2 1/2-3 years and like it. Changing pitch is no big deal and takes about 45 uninterrupted minutes to do.. . The install manual called for 20 degrees as an initial setting,which is way too much bite for the Carbon Cub....I settled on 15.5 degrees after a lot of testing to achieve close to max rpm in flight. Speed numbers are around 118 mph @ 2600-2650. As Whirlwind explained in this thread..higher cruise speed can be achieved by pitching at a higher angle....but in my case the climb rate suffered,max rpm dropped and Cht's rose as the engine loaded up. The prop certainly gives versatility to the cub allowing one to " tailor" the airplane to their desire. I'm running the 340 Stroker in my cub.

Now that these have been out for awhile, any more to report? Looked like from the stol vid s from osh there was a couple there. Kevin q?

Thx

Jim