Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiFePo4 Battery test?

Default Re: LiFePo4 Battery test?

I just replaced my stock battery with an Interstate battery that has had amazing results. The stock number is YTX14HBS. It has 240 cold cranking amps which spins the engine quite fast even when hot. The dimensions are exactly the same as the battery that I replaced. It weighs 11.2 lbs with the acid in it. I was told the h in the stock number stands for heavy duty. It made a big difference. Mark. CC N77RX

Quote Originally Posted by N77RX View Post
    I just replaced my stock battery with an Interstate battery that has had amazing results. The stock number is YTX14HBS. It has 240 cold cranking amps which spins the engine quite fast even when hot. The dimensions are exactly the same as the battery that I replaced. It weighs 11.2 lbs with the acid in it. I was told the h in the stock number stands for heavy duty. It made a big difference. Mark. CC N77RX
    Just checking but I think that's the Yuasa battery number? Regards Gary

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Just checking but I think that's the Yuasa battery number? Regards Gary
    My invoice had two numbers. The other was CYTX14H-BS. It had Interstate written all over the box and battery. Maybe the YTX14BS was a cross reference number. The Interstate website gives a good description. I flew last Friday and did a hot start and the prop spun fast. Mark N77RX

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Hi Pete yes, the Shorai was flat plates and the Aerovoltz cylinders similar to the Aero Lithium, but was told the Aerovoltz are using non high rate cells. I have no verification of the high rate vs lower rate cells though. Below also is a chart and commentary from a website on Lithium Batterys ad the differences and Aerolithium says his are Lifepo4 Hope this helps Gary

Lithium iron phosphate cells have the best safety characteristics—long cycle life (up to 2000 cycles) and good availability. They are very suitable for high discharge rate occasions such as EV (including e-bike, electric scooter, and electric car), power tools, UPS and solar energy system.

COMPARISON DATA AMONG VARIOUS LITHIUM BASE BATTERIES:
    Battery LiFePO4 LiCoO2 LiMn2O4 Li(NiCo)O2
    Safety Safest Not Stable Acceptable Not Stable
    Environmental Concern Most Enviro-friendly Very Dangerous Very Dangerous
    Cycle Life Best/ Excellent Acceptable Acceptable Acceptable
    Power/Weight Density Acceptable Good Acceptable Best
    Long Term Cost Most Economic/ Excellent High Acceptable High
    Temperature Range Excellent (-20C to 70C) Decay Beyond (-20C to 55C) Decay Extremely Fast over 50 C -20C to 55C

Well 50 hours and 2.5 months later the Aerolithium battery 430CCA going strong with no issues and excellent starts.