Hi, all. My name is Jim Harper (duh, based on my forum name...). Anyway, I've been dancing around the decision to buy a Carbon Cub SS for several months now, and am just a couple of weeks from pulling the trigger. I think I am comfortable with all of my choices save one. My local mechanic (in Montgomery AL) whom I both like and trust, strongly encourages me to get the Amsafe airbags (he is the local dealer for the airbags). My dealer (I am buying the airplane for use in New Mexico, so that'd be Patrick Romano) encourages me to NOT get them. I've dutifully searched the forum, and the only comments on the airbags is that they may be tough to get service on and if they are not serviceable, the airplane would naturally be down.

Logically, with what appears to be a serious set of shoulder straps on a 4 point restraint system and given the slow speed that we are likely to be hitting anything (how's the old saying go...the Cub is slow enough that it can just barely kill you) are the airbags something that makes any sense at all?

What sort of decision did y'all make? Thanks for your time!

Jim

P.S. Patrick...you should be hearing from me no later than the 29th, I hope.