Thread: Spark plug wire

Default Spark plug wire

do yall use shielded or non shielded ign wire set? was wondering because of some complaints with the becker radio having lots of noise.... thanks.

Default Re: Spark plug wire

The Sport Cub with the O-200 uses standard shielded aircraft ignition harnesses. Carbon Cub with the CC-340 uses ignition harnesses as recommended by the electronic ignition system manufacturer. I believe they are non shielded.

The noise complaints with the Becker radio don't seem to be ignition system generated noise. If it was it would most likely vary with RPM and have a distinct pattern to it.

Pete D.

thanks for the reply..... you would think that their would be a difference with rpm. not sure if that was mentioned, but noise on a radio is a bugger.... becker has been around and if it where the radio you would think they would address it. maybe those using the becker may need a filter on the alternator or something.......just a though,,,, thanks again.

There is a capacitor filter on the alternator already.

Pete D

did some reading last night. seems like most with this issue, that ended up with the problem solved, it was antenna,cable,connection issues..... i like the becker radio as a back up solution, and the TV show isnt bad either

thanks......

Hi Everyone
    I have also had lots of noise and static on my (new) Becker and a new one is on the way from Cubcrafters.
    At the moment the thinking is that the radio itself is defective.
    My local radio shop ( Sarasota Avionics) put in a different Becker and the noise was gone. Put mine back
    in and the noise was back. I will let everyone know how the new one performs when I get it installed in the next few days. It is still on the way from Yakima.
    Alan
    Alan Maurer
    Carbon Cub #183
    Sarasota, FL