Thread: Tires and Batteries

Default Tires and Batteries

I am still working on options for my new CC to be delivered in June.

Any advice would be much appreciated. It will be operated mostly in central Florida on paved runways. I have been following the experimentation with LiFe batteries and so far I am impressed. Hoping to see them become standard. There are two questions I have on the lithium batteries: how much time on battery will the Shorai provide in the event of an alternator failure when driving the executive panel, and what is the risk of temperature run away and fire?

For the moment I have chosen the 800X6 tires. What is the difference between the 850X6 and the 800X6? Weight considerations clearly favor the 800s, but I assume there are other advantages of the 850s.

Carl Conti

Default Re: Tires and Batteries

Can't help you with the battery...waiting for CC to crown the new one as well. The 8:50's used to be the "big tires"...They are a compromise on/off field tire but weigh quite a bit for their size and can't be deflated too much because they have a tube and as a result there is concern about twisting off a valve stem. If I landed "mostly on asphalt" I would use the 8:00's which have a fairly wide tread for the options available yet would allow greater efficiency of fuel burn, higher speed, and less weight. Let us know what you decide... Ralph
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.