This last fall, the planning group for the 75th anniversary of the J-3 Piper Cub set a planning goal of 200 Cubs at AirVenture 2012. As of today, over 200 Cub owners are on www.cubs2oshkosh.com. Most of them are committed to the flight this summer to Oshkosh. It’s a half year away! If this is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak, I may have to call the EAA staff and tell them to make a lot more room available for Cub parking and have additional seats for the Cub dinner.

I would ask the Cub historians out there as to when over 200 Cubs gathered at one location. If the weather is good, we could easily have over three hundred Cubs or more! I might have to contact the Guinness Book of World Records.

It’s interesting reading about the Cubs and their owners on www.cubs2oshkosh.com . Many have owned their Cub since new, sixty-five to seventy five years ago. Several of the Cubs have been passed down through the generations to stay in the family. One young lady who lives overseas is coming back to the U.S. this summer to ride in a Cub with her dad to Oshkosh. A few, new to the Cub, think this will be an adventure of a lifetime that they are not going to miss.

If there is a Cub in your neighborhood that is going, think about a flight of two. Let’s all encourage every Cub owner to join with us for the flight. If you don’t own a Cub, now is the time to purchase one. If you own one, make every effort to attend. Remember, all Cubs are invited to AirVenture 2012.

Let's make it 300!

Rick Rademacher

P.S.
Specifically, this is the 75th anniversary of the J-3 Piper Cub. However, a Cub is a Cub is a Cub. So, all Cubs, of all colors, are invited to participate. The more the merrier.
Everyone, please feel free to participate and be a part of this historic event!