Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aviat husky-top cub-carbon cub??????????????

Default Re: Aviat husky-top cub-carbon cub??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by timfleming View Post
    When you get ready to try the CarbonCub let me know. We're the mid-Atlantic dealer for Cub Crafters and based at GAI in Gaithersburg MD.

Tim Fleming
    Fleming Aviation
    Ph: 240-252-5181
    Thanks Tim--I fly into Leesburg often--I'll let you know and try to meet you-Thanks

Junior Member Table Rock Aviation's Avatar

Mr. Matrix,

I know your airport well and fly in there to eat at Cuz's with students on occasion! At your leisure fly down to KHKY Hickory, NC where I rent a Sport Cub S2 in a flight school. I have flown all 3 aircraft you are considering and have taught students for tailwheel and Private Pilot licenses in all 3 airplanes as well. I am a big guy 6'3" and 220lbs and I enjoy the COMFORT of the Sport Cub/ Carbon Cub airplanes. I find it easy to get into and out of the Carbon Cub out of all 3 airplanes. I think that the Sport Cub S2 represents the BEST BANG for the buck among all 3 of the airplanes you have mentioned. If money were no option it would be a Carbon Cub for me! But like you say don't take my word for it fly all 3 and I bet you will see that the Cubcrafters aircraft come out on top. Let me just also say that the support you will get from the factory after you have purchased the aircraft is second to none! I make a living with my airplane and the support they provide keeps me in the air! Check us out! www.tablerockaviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Hammond View Post
    Matrix guy, I sent you a PM this morning. I'm an old Piper salesman. That has nothing to do with Cubs but I come from the same direction as a malibu if it helps. I've worked for CC in the past as well. Flown lots of Cubs. Lots of the dogs too...and thats what they are. If you want to talk over phone about them, feel free to ring me. Number is in the PM.
    Clay-Looks like I'm going with Top Cub-2006 model--Flying to Fla. Monday AM to inspect-Thanks for your insight-Tom

Congrats on finding a plane! I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the Cub Crafters Top Cub. The commitment to take care of the customer before, during, and after the sale are unpareallelled. Customer service is how I always decide on a product if I'm on the fence between two companies.

I think you've made a great choice.

Keep us posted on how your inspection goes, and get some pics of that flight home!

Quote Originally Posted by jeramyh View Post
    congrats on finding a plane! I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the cub crafters top cub. The commitment to take care of the customer before, during, and after the sale are unpareallelled. Customer service is how i always decide on a product if i'm on the fence between two companies.

I think you've made a great choice.

Keep us posted on how your inspection goes, and get some pics of that flight home!
    how do you compare the top cub with 180hp husky??

I've had the chance to fly in both of these planes going in and out of the small fields through central Idaho.

For me and the group I was with, we were camping out on these fields. So we were carrying tents, fishing poles, cooking supplies, food, water, and some clothes.

We flew out to Johnson Creek to start the trip out. I flew out there in my RV-7A, Johnson Creek was one of the few fields I could land at with that RV.

We had 3 Huskies in our group, and 1 Top Cub there with us.

It was well known the max weight of the Top Cub was a huge advantage over those in the Huskies. The guys in the Huskies left some supplies behind that the Top Cub guy was able to bring with him.

Flying in both planes (as a passenger for most of it, but I did take the controls of both) I really was not able to tell a huge difference flying these 2 planes. Both took off quickly, climbed very well, and were able to get into some tough spots and land.

I do know that the Husky was a tad faster than the Top Cub on the flight out of Ogden Utah to Idaho, but that was to be expected with the extra weight the Top Cub was carrying. After we set up camp, these planes were neck and neck cruising around.

For me, after getting this opportunity to see both planes, hang out with the owners and hear them compare stories, I would go with the Top Cub.

Flying an RV-7A myself I know how nice it would be to be able to carry some extra weight from time to time. And I would sacrifice a little speed to have it.

Both are great planes, no doubt about it. But for my style, the top cub would be the choice.

I hope this helps, can't wait to hear how your experience goes as you make this tough decision.

Tom,

Did you get a chance to inspect that Top Cub in Florida today? Curious how it went.

Jeramy

Quote Originally Posted by jeramyh View Post
    tom,

did you get a chance to inspect that top cub in florida today? Curious how it went.

Jeramy
    yea-what a great looking machine!1 flew it over the everglades--landed on 800 foot strip -took off in about 200 feet or so--steep turns-slow flight--awesome==landed back at executive with 13 knot headwind straight down runway--must have rolled about 100 feet--to say the least-it was impressive--

They are very impressive machines for sure. If you become an owner and fly her home, you'll have to post some pics for us!