Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skis on

Default Re: skis on

Rick I'll have to let you know when I get to 32S again.

You might be interested in knowing that one of those tires is now on Loni's 749er Cub. We did a little trading.

I'd like to see your RC Cub when you're finished. Dan

Dan, thanks, I always like to read about your trips and see your photos.

Fish Lake is a beautiful spot, and I'll look forward to hearing about another visit when you go there again.

Nice to know that Cubdriver 749er is using one of those tires. I have several of his videos, and will probably get any new ones he makes, so maybe I'll see it in use some day.

I will post some pic's if I ever get the big RC Cub finished.

In the meantime, here are some pic's of other Cubs I've built and flown.

The red one is 60" span, and is no longer living. It crashed due to a loose co-ax cable in my radio. Sure hated to lose it, my all time favorite to fly.

The gray one spans 80", and is still flying. Both are electric powered and both have operating flaps.

Hope this doesn't clog up your thread too much!

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick S; 03-28-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Rick, those look like real Cubs. That's really neat. I'd like to see them. The red one looks like it has skis?
    Last edited by Dan L; 04-01-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: iPhone typing error

I made one last ski flight for the season on March 25th. There's plenty of snow yet but it is getting soft early in the day now.

DSCN2256.jpg

Up at the cabins. There's still 3 feet or so of snow there. My old PA18 engine cover fits the Carbon Cub cowl pretty well. This is right on the border. The snow covered hill in the background is in BC.

DSCN2257.jpg

The snow is crusty and hard now on top. But gets soft later in the day and snow shows are needed.

DSCN2261.jpg

I stopped at Spotted Bear in the afternoon on the way home. I took about 10 steps from the plane, without snow shoes, and the next one broke through and I was nearly up to my waist. I decided then that this was my last ski flight until next winter.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011