Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality of Carbon Cub Kits

Default Re: Quality of Carbon Cub Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Rob, what projects do you have on the go right now? I'm thinking of heading down to see you possibly next week sometime but ideally would like to come when I can get a look at a tube and fabric job in progress.

Thanks
    Paul

Cirrus SR22
    N5123Y
    Paul, we have a 1937 Waco YKS 7 but not in fabric and an old 7AC Champ that we're covering the fuselage at this time. Just give me a call before and we'll be certain to have something to show you. Looking forward to your visit,

Rob

Paul: if you are up for a slightly longer trip, Noel Simmons (BlueSky Aviation/Cubworks) is a CarbonCubEX build center certified by CubCrafters. We are working on a kit at this moment. Fuselage is covered-not painted. Wing construction laid out and ready to begin. Noel has built 35 airplanes from kits including cubs. Let us know if we can be of any help.
    Ralph
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

There is a very good article in the new Kitplanes magazine comparing the different "Super Cub" type kits out there.

Pete D.

After several months since my first ride in a Cubcrafters Sport Cub with Jeff Baber at Suncountry (KFFZ), reading every article and watching all the videos, what better place than Sun 'N Fun to make a decision on a Carbon Cub EX. I realize at this point, with my order in, I'm going to be biased but let me say that Cubcrafters is unquestionably the best kit out there right now.
    It's one thing to buy a plane ready to fly out the door, and there's a lot of companies putting out great super cubs these days. However, for the builder, there's much more to consider than just price, performance, and fit and finish. The support team (Mitch and the Cubcrafter team as well as outside the company....the rapidly expanding CC community), the assembly manuals and the completeness of the kit all had to be weighed up.
    I spent 4 days at the show looking very closely at all the other offerings and it was all I could do to wait until Saturday to put my order in with Randy. I don't think the ink was dry yet when I heard from Mitch and within a day or so, I had a Dropbox full of Cubcrafter Manuals.
    Very happy to be on board as a future CC driver and just wanted to get the rest of the story out there since I started this post back in Dec '11.
    Last edited by Paul; 04-07-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Red face Re: Quality of Carbon Cub Kits

Cubs in formation in Florida. Randy Lervold in the lead and Scot Warren on our wing. About as good as it gets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul; 04-07-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Congratulations Paul--I know that you won't be disappointed in your decision! As you can see the level of detail and completeness of the CubCrafters Manuals are outstanding. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any assistance with the project. Most of the simple stuff advice is at no charge. Once you get to the covering process, let us know as we can save you countless hours of frustration and make your Carbon Cub look like a Factory build. I'm excited to be so close to a builder and can't wait to see the plane fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    After several months since my first ride in a Cubcrafters Sport Cub with Jeff Baber at Suncountry (KFFZ), reading every article and watching all the videos, what better place than Sun 'N Fun to make a decision on a Carbon Cub EX. I realize at this point, with my order in, I'm going to be biased but let me say that Cubcrafters is unquestionably the best kit out there right now.
    It's one thing to buy a plane ready to fly out the door, and there's a lot of companies putting out great super cubs these days. However, for the builder, there's much more to consider than just price, performance, and fit and finish. The support team (Mitch and the Cubcrafter team as well as outside the company....the rapidly expanding CC community), the assembly manuals and the completeness of the kit all had to be weighed up.
    I spent 4 days at the show looking very closely at all the other offerings and it was all I could do to wait until Saturday to put my order in with Randy. I don't think the ink was dry yet when I heard from Mitch and within a day or so, I had a Dropbox full of Cubcrafter Manuals.
    Very happy to be on board as a future CC driver and just wanted to get the rest of the story out there since I started this post back in Dec '11.

Thanks Rob. That's a great offer.

I'm well into my wing build and have to say to anyone considering the Carbon Cub EX, this kit is outstanding!

The assembly manual is so thorough and user friendly that anyone prepared to read every line, follow every instruction, can and will, page by page, build themselves a plane.

The quality and accuracy of the parts is second to none. In our business I work with low to zero tolerance products and so it's been an absolute pleasure to watch every part and every fastener fit into place. It's no wonder the fit and finish of the Carbon Cub stands out in a lineup of Cubs.

The customer service has been amazing. Mitch's response time and help makes this project feel like a factory build.

Anyone considering building their own aircraft, feel free to call me if you'd like to hear more from a first time builder about the CC EX kit.

Mitch is very knowledgable as well as very approachable. Call him up. Pick his brain. He exists, in part, to move new kits. I was pondering about a kit and asked Mitch some questions @ Oshkosh. Ended up placing an order for a CC-160-SS. Serial #247, I think. Cubcrafters seems like a top-notch company. I have spoken to several plane owners, even a disgruntled one. I think you will not be disappointed if you choose to proceed.

Started my wing kit two weeks ago. Fit and finish are outstanding. Fitment is perfect. Parts very well labelled. Parts callouts clearly labeled. Crating and packaging superb. Factory help is absolutely there when you need it. Mitch and Randy are awesome. If you have built an RV lately you *may* be slightly dismayed that partial or full scale ISO plans are not included. Some diagrams are missing ISO-type reference labeling, eg right wing/left wing being displayed, and the font on diagrams is too small. Other than that, it's an impressive kit. Would buy again.

I do have one very serious issue though. I cannot order cubcrafters hats and t-shirts online. Honestly, it bugs me

I'm really enjoying the build and I can't wait to enjoy the finished product.