Thread: CubCrafter's # 4 in LSA

Default CubCrafter's # 4 in LSA

Its that time of year again report indicates Cubcrafters has moved up to number 4 for overall LSA production and number 2 behind only Cessna in new registrations for 2011!

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/2...market-report/

Great Job, Jim, Randy, and CC staff and dealers...Congratulations!

Geo
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com

Default Re: CubCrafter's # 4 in LSA

... and Cessna just announced a hefty price increase on the C-162.

Congrats CC!

On one of the other message boards, someone said he was reluctant to get into Light Sport unless he could find a "real airplane.". Well, my Sport Cub is a real airplane, that keeps up well with the Super Cubs, Huskies, et al., in the backcountry.

On the way home from one of my Idaho trips this summer I stopped at Richland for fuel. I was third in line at the pumps, behind a C-182 and a C-177. I overheard the Skylane pilot tell the Cardinal pilot about some health problem he had overcome, and said, "I wouldn't want one of those light sport airplanes - you can't even carry a sleeping bag in those things!". I couldn't resist. I pointed to the Sport Cub and said, "I have a sleeping bag in here!"
    Last edited by Pilawt; 11-24-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

We have likely already passed Czeck Sport Aircraft since we are at about s/n 190 going out now which would put us in the #3 spot. I have always had an issue with the way Dan Johnson tabulates data: he only measures total fleet size, never current year sales. Current year sales, and share thereof, is the normal market share metric in any industry. When I've discussed this with Dan he acknowledges it but doesn't want to use current year sales because he thinks the numbers look to small. The market is what the market is, I say use annual sales, it's a better indicator of the current state of the market.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by Pilawt View Post
    ... and Cessna just announced a hefty price increase on the C-162.

Congrats CC!

On one of the other message boards, someone said he was reluctant to get into Light Sport unless he could find a "real airplane.". Well, my Sport Cub is a real airplane, that keeps up well with the Super Cubs, Huskies, et al., in the backcountry.

On the way home from one of my Idaho trips this summer I stopped at Richland for fuel. I was third in line at the pumps, behind a C-182 and a C-177. I overheard the Skylane pilot tell the Cardinal pilot about some health problem he had overcome, and said, "I wouldn't want one of those light sport airplanes - you can't even carry a sleeping bag in those things!". I couldn't resist. I pointed to the Sport Cub and said, "I have a sleeping bag in here!"
    You sould have also said "Oh yeah my airplane is about the same age as my car not the same age as I am".

Quote Originally Posted by Ndill View Post
    You sould have also said "Oh yeah my airplane is about the same age as my car not the same age as I am".
    That was good!
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com