Thread: Howdy from Colorado

Thumbs up Howdy from Colorado

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to Aviation and am going through A&P school to earn my Certificate then plan on a private pilots license and perhaps an IA when the time comes. I am a former automotive technician with over 20 years of experience along with ten years combined with that in custom home remodeling work specializing in hardwood floors and staircases. After many years of frustration with no vision for new opportunities, and speaking with some friends in the Aviation industry. I decided to change me concentration from business management to an Associates Degree and earn my A&P. I have always had a passion for aircraft and recently became fond of Piper cubs and am looking to get as much exposure to them as possible. There is something special about small aircraft that I can not describe, maybe that's why I am so interested in them.

This was just a minute amount about myself and just wanted to give an introduction to say howdy!

Shawn

Default Re: Howdy from Colorado

Shawn welcome to forum and to aviation! Wait till you fly that yellow cub for the first time! If you get to AZ (Falcon Field) it would be my pleasure to give you that ride! Cubdriving is a whole new experience!
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com

Default Re: Howdy from Colorado

Thank you, and that would be awesome!

I forgot I should have mentioned that I was Based at Ft Lewis WA from 88-92 and spent a lot of time in the Yakima Desert. I have some of my fondest memories from that area as I felt it was an absolutely beautiful section of Washington State. I remember many nights sitting in my Humvee on top of a hill in the middle of the night looking over my terrain map and the surrounding area in absolute amazement of the scenery. Sometimes it felt even prehistoric with a fog down in the valleys and I could point out each volcano under the moonlit sky. Had I known about Cub Crafters and them being in Yakima I may have tried to get a job there back then. But I was young and restless and had missions. LOL