Thread: Howdy From Jon Hicks

Default Howdy From Jon Hicks

Howdy Cubcrafters Forum members!

I wanted to take this opportunity to also introduce myself. I own SportCub S2 #52 and took delivery in October 2007. Flew it back home to Texas after 25 hours flying! With close to 200 hours on it now, I have really enjoyed it. I had taken over webmaster duties of the previous CubCrafters Flyers web site from Tom Frazer (Thanks to all Tom's work getting that going).

Randy Lervold offered to launch this new forum and asked us to come aboard as moderators. We've been given complete freedom to run the forums, just like Cub Crafters Flyers. Expect continued free and open discussions about our planes with the benefit of direct contact with the factory. I hope you register and become active in the forums. We will all benefit!

Jon Hicks

Default Re: Howdy From Jon Hicks

Welcome Jon from Mark Spencer CC18 N202HS. I have great hopes for the forum! Stef and I have a Grumman Tiger as well and the owner's groups around the grummans are sooo helpful! Always someone to give advice, point you in the right direction, share concerns and give a heads up on developing issues with the aircraft.

Hello to the forum

Well I did it. I put money down on my Carbon Cub today. I finished a Lancair ES-P "go fast" plane this spring, and now I'm looking forward to doing something a little simplier. Preasurized planes are quite complicated with all their systems. I made it from Prineville to Yakama in 49 minutres at 16,500 feet, which is nice, but I'm still looking forward to "Low and slow" in the back country of Idaho, where we like to go camping.

I had heard that there were problems with the Dynon autopilots in the CC, so I'll be looking for first hand info from anyone who has sucessfully installed and programed that system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clifford Scheel

Welcome, Clifford, to the board and to the ranks of happy CC owners.

You'll find that when you go from "high-and-fast" to "low-and-slow" that you get the same sensation of speed, only the cows are bigger.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180