Thread: Hotfoot (or hot leg)

Default Hotfoot (or hot leg)

I was flying along the other day in my Sport Cub when I became aware of a burning sensation just above my left knee -- I mean it felt HOT! I looked down and realized that the lens-shaped fresh air vent in the skylight was acting like a magnifying glass to focus the sunlight on my leg, and the heat went right through the pant leg. I draped a chart over my leg the rest of the trip. I may fashion a cloth plug to fit in the inside lip of the vent.

This photo doesn't show how the brightest, hottest light was pinpointed in the center of the bright area:

Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Default Re: Hotfoot (or hot leg)

That's for keeping your coffee hot.

Buy a big Cowboy hat to get some shade in there.....

I liked the looks of the map pocket that Pilawt has in his image. It looked like one I'd bought years ago from Sporty's so I looked at their website and found it. The current version is black and gray and the colors go well with the interior in my Carbon Cub. It was about $15.

I mounted mine a little farther back using one of the existing #6 screws that hold the fuel valve access cover in place. They also come with velcro strips.

DSCN1986.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I liked the looks of the map pocket that Pilawt has in his image. It looked like one I'd bought years ago from Sporty's so I looked at their website and found it. The current version is black and gray and the colors go well with the interior in my Carbon Cub. It was about $15.

I mounted mine a little farther back using one of the existing #6 screws that hold the fuel valve access cover in place. They also come with velcro strips.
    I have one on each side. Charts, E6B and CO detector go in the one on the left, and water bottle in the one on the right.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180