Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS Engineering's PAR100EX

Default PS Engineering's PAR100EX

http://www.ps-engineering.com/PAR100EX.shtml

The PAR100EX looks like the perfect radio for the cub. It's a combo audio/com/bluetooth with high noise canceling ability that should work very well in a cub. And it's light weight - you can add a second com for just 13oz plus antenna!

It's strictly for builders and experimentals, but what a nice solution.

Has anyone got one? running one? Or have an opinion?
    Last edited by RanRan; 06-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Default Re: PS Engineering's PAR100EX

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan View Post
    http://www.ps-engineering.com/PAR100EX.shtml

The PAR100EX looks like the perfect radio for the cub. It's a combo audio/com/bluetooth with high noise canceling ability that should work very well in a cub. And it's light weight - you can add a second com for just 13oz plus antenna!

It's strictly for builders and experimentals, but what a nice solution.

Has anyone got one? running one? Or have an opinion?
    Ran, I've been looking at them also. The big negative is the watt rating which is almost as low as my handheld. The actual transceiver is made by Microaire in australia. I may still go with it as a second radio along with the Garmin SL40. I plan to use a remote transponder, so I have the panel space for a second radio, and this may work good for that since it includes the audio switching.

T

I have seen the video before and scanned through the specs-it looks intrigueing, a step in the right direction. Have not put one in....yet. Ran, how about ordering an airplane and being our first? :-)

Pete D.

That's a good idea. Ran, tell us how it works out for you in your new plane.

I think it is a lttle pricey for what you get (although it would save panel space). The microair transceiver sells for less than $1k alone, which means you are paying $1300 for an audio component that has less capabilities than their $900 PMA5000 unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    Ran, how about ordering an airplane and being our first? :-)
    Pete D.
    Love to, but to answer your question (and this is a little embarrassing) I don't have 200 thousand dollars for an airplane right now. That can/will change. In the meantime, should I hold off asking questions? Let me know.

Ran
    Last edited by RanRan; 07-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.

No need to be embarrased. Most people don't have the money. I had to take the build route myself.

My opinion is that the forum is for anyone with an interest in, and wants to promote the brand; otherwise they should join a more appropriate forum for their tastes, and not take away from those of us that do.

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    No need to be embarrased. Most people don't have the money. I had to take the build route myself.

My opinion is that the forum is for anyone with an interest in, and wants to promote the brand; otherwise they should join a more appropriate forum for their tastes, and not take away from those of us that do.
    Thanks, Tony. I don't think I have ever uttered a disparaging word about CC and their airplanes. This is the airplane that I am going to buy.

Is a 5 watt radio good enough for low and slow??

Ran
    Last edited by RanRan; 07-02-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan View Post
    Love to, but to answer your question (and this is a little embarrassing) I don't have 200 thousand dollars for an airplane right now. That can/will change. In the meantime, should I hold off asking questions? Let me know.

Ran
    Ran,

I would love to upgrade to a carbon cub but after the credit crunch and a year of fighting cancer two years ago I am just gratefull to have 7AK, state of the art 4 years and 800 hrs ago! If you every get out here to AZ I will share her with you and we would have a awesome time!

I enjoy your questions and inputs so keep it up!

Life is great when you live in the now!

Geo
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com

Quote Originally Posted by couleeone View Post
    Ran,

I would love to upgrade to a carbon cub but after the credit crunch and a year of fighting cancer two years ago I am just gratefull to have 7AK, state of the art 4 years and 800 hrs ago! If you every get out here to AZ I will share her with you and we would have a awesome time!

I enjoy your questions and inputs so keep it up!

Life is great when you live in the now!

Geo
    Thank you, buddy. George, I didn't know about the cancer. You really are my hero. May God bless your flying for a long, long, loooooooooong time! The 'now' is what we got and that's it and it's pretty amazing.
    Ran

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    That's a good idea. Ran, tell us how it works out for you in your new plane.

I think it is a lttle pricey for what you get (although it would save panel space). The microair transceiver sells for less than $1k alone, which means you are paying $1300 for an audio component that has less capabilities than their $900 PMA5000 unit.
    Dear Clipwingcub (sorry, couldn't find your name).

Just wanted to clarify one item, the PAR100EX has Bluetooth where the PMA5000EX does not. The only loss of capability are the number of switched inputs! Otherwise, they are very capable audio panels. (note: the MAP of the PMA5000EX is $895 while the MAP on the PAR100EX is $2295, making the difference less than $400, when using Aircraft Spruce's M760 price of $1081.

I also think the pilot will find operation of the audio panel (as an ICS, audio controller, and radio controller) very simple, and that is what we have been told pilots are wanting. Capability without complexity.

Mark Scheuer
    PS Engineering, Inc.
    www.ps-engineering.com
    Last edited by mscheuer; 07-04-2011 at 06:45 AM.