Thread: Carbon Cub EX Preview Plans?

Default Carbon Cub EX Preview Plans?

I am interested in the Carbon Cub Kit but want to get more familiar with the construction and the completeness of the kit. Are there a set of preview plans available for purchase and is there a list of what is included in the individual kits and what is required by the builder to purchase? Thanks in advance.
    Dan Frank
    Built and Flying Van's RV-8, N808VR

Default Re: Carbon Cub EX Preview Plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Frank View Post
    I am interested in the Carbon Cub Kit but want to get more familiar with the construction and the completeness of the kit. Are there a set of preview plans available for purchase and is there a list of what is included in the individual kits and what is required by the builder to purchase? Thanks in advance.
    No preview plans are available in the format that you're used to with Van's. We are currently in final production of a brand new manual and will soon post a sample of it for prospective builders to evaluate. It may well be the first kit manual in the industry with the new "51% rule" checklist embedded in it section by section. Mitch or I can post a .pdf next week here before we put it on our web site if you're interested.
    Randy Lervold

That would be great. Thanks for the quick response.
    Dan Frank
    Built and Flying Van's RV-8, N808VR

We now have the Carbon Cub EX Sample Manual ready, it includes the intro and first section of wing construction. To access the sample manual click here.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    We now have the Carbon Cub EX Sample Manual ready, it includes the intro and first section of wing construction. To access the sample manual click here.

Mitch
    Will there be more of the manual for preview coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Frank View Post

Dan,

If you really want to get familiar with what this kit is like to build, you need to see my DVD series on building the Carbon Cub EX. Words cannot fully explain what you are about to undertake. Seeing is believing. This kit is nothing like Van's kits. I know because I built an RV8 and an RV10.

Joe
    zackair.com

If you want to look up close at the airplanes in various stages a great way to do that is visit the factory. You can see step by step how the airplanes are put together with one at nearly every stage down the production line. The kit is essentially the same components that they are working with, just boxed up and shipped to you, the customer.

Pete D.

P.S. Mitch, our kit manager is at OSH right now, should be back next week.

We just uploaded a makeover to our web site and sample manuals are now posted in the Carbon Cub EX section, click HERE if interested.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    We just uploaded a makeover to our web site and sample manuals are now posted in the Carbon Cub EX section, click HERE if interested.
    Randy,

Wow! Fantastic job! If the samples are a true indication of the entire manual, no one should feel the slightest trepidation in building a Carbon Cub.

For what it's worth, I have done this sort of work for some of my clients and I know what a monumental task it is to put something like this together. Soooo many details to cover. (For anyone, try to explain how to lace up a pair of shoes in pics and verbiage) So I truly appreciate the work involved. Great job to all on the team! Again, WOW!

You guys are the best.

Ran from Michigan
    Last edited by RanRan; 11-09-2010 at 06:03 PM.