Thread: Service Bulletins - Carbon Cub EX Kit

Wink Service Bulletins - Carbon Cub EX Kit

As a proud and pleased owner/builder of Carbon Cub EX kit #004, I am concerned that the service bulletins that are listed for a Carbon Cub CC 160 LSA are not listed for the CC EX kit (I am not suggesting there is any problem with the CC EX kit ) but I believe that both aircraft have many common parts. For example SB00013 throttle Cable security, SB00015 Jury Strut, SB00016 Torque tube. So would they also share the same problems??
    jimaus

Default Re: Service Bulletins - Carbon Cub EX Kit

Good question. Because the kit builder is the legal manufacturer Service Bulletins technically don't apply. That said, and because the EX is based on the production version, and because we want to provide the very best support we can, we are happy to umbrella kit customers in when such bulletins or upgrades are implemented.

In some of these instances we opt to implement an improvement, those might not be n/c to builders, but where there is a safety of flight issue they would.

Mitch is on vacation this week but I will discuss this with him next week and see how best to keep all of our builders up to date. In the meantime monitoring our Owner Support page would be a good idea -- all Service Bulletins, Safety Alerts, Notification Bulletins, and Service Instructions are listed there and kept up to date.
    Randy Lervold

I hadn't paid attention to these but after looking at them today a few others that caught my eye were the cabane-attach-point reinforcement plates and the rudder horn reinforcement plates. It seems like the tail feathers are different on the kit than the production plane so perhaps this doesn't apply - but it would be good to know?

You are correct on the tail brace wires, different attachment system, so that does not apply. Also, the cabane vee reinforcement does not apply as they have the beef up welded on, as do all of the fuselages after the SB range.

Typically, anytime a service bulletin comes out it only applies to aircraft in the field, the aircraft coming down the production line are updated so the SB only will apply up to a particular S/N.

Pete D.