Thread: SI0018 - Backup Battery Installation

Default SI0018 - Backup Battery Installation

Just complied with SI0018 Carbon Cub Backup Battery. This is a well done kit by CubCrafters. Looks like it is standard equipment starting with SN154.

One caution. The positive and negative terminals on this battery are very close together. With the battery in bracket assembly those terminals are also very close to the bracket frame. I included a little insulation around those terminals just in case. CubCrafters did include extra insulation on the positive lead near the bracket.

By the way where are the SI's on the CubCrafters web site? I see SB's and SA's on the Support web page but no SI's.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: SI0018 - Backup Battery Installation

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Just complied with SI0018 Carbon Cub Backup Battery.

By the way where are the SI's on the CubCrafters web site? I see SB's and SA's on the Support web page but no SI's.
    A little off topic but an aside...I tell my sons that anything they don't understand will look like spaghetti...but that shouldn't hinder them from unraveling the mystery before them. They have all turned out well.

I would bet the kit-builders here would back me up on that.

Ran

Sorry for the interruption.

Service instructions are simply that, instructions. They can be somewhat proprietary in some cases. Think like STC instructions. Typically you don't get them ' til you buy the STC. They are not mandatory, just a how to instructions to do a modification or update to a completed aircraft.

Pete D

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    Service instructions are simply that, instructions. They can be somewhat proprietary in some cases. Think like STC instructions. Typically you don't get them ' til you buy the STC. They are not mandatory, just a how to instructions to do a modification or update to a completed aircraft.
    Cubcrafters has been very good about sending me SA & SB's. Don't recall ever seeing notification of an SI. For those of us who maintain our aircraft how do we know an SI even exists?

Bob, we're discussing whether we'll publish the SI's on the support page with the rest currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tepool View Post
    Bob, we're discussing whether we'll publish the SI's on the support page with the rest currently.
    Good idea. I would be happy just getting an email notification that an SI, SB or SA is available on the support page. It would save CubCrafters the cost of preparation and mailing SA's and SB's.