Thread: N15XC Build Update

Default N15XC Build Update

I started my wings at the beginning of April, working weekends only (55 hours to date). I'm getting very close to finishing the left wing, so I thought I would post some pictures. I created an album, and placed a couple there for those interested. http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/album.php?albumid=16
    Maybe Randy can tell me how to create a link to them if this doesn't work, otherwise, you can click my profile to view.

I'll be installing the remaining nose ribs and start on the leading edge skins next weekend. This is a really enjoyable plane to build, just wish I had more time to devote to it. The hardest part so far was the squaring and trammelling - I spent two weekends on that part before I was satisfied with the results.

Tony

Default Re: N15XC Build Update

Looks good Tony.

The only thing more fun than building one of these is flying it.

Dan, Thanks! I started on the leading edge skins over the weekend.

I've been watching your build progress. It's looking good as well. You are getting very close.

I may borrow one of your mods. I really like the tail cleanout. Beats using a rag to get the water and gunk out after a bath.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    Dan, Thanks! I started on the leading edge skins over the weekend.

I've been watching your build progress. It's looking good as well. You are getting very close.

I may borrow one of your mods. I really like the tail cleanout. Beats using a rag to get the water and gunk out after a bath.

Tony
    When you get to the point on the LE skins when your drilling the holes take a look at drilling that hard-to-get-at mid hole from the bottom.

You must be the guy that Mitch sent the plastic clamps to that I used?

Dan, I bet those were your clamps. I just got them from Mitch.

That's a good idea on the skin holes, I was contemplating how to make sure I hit the center of the rib. I think I will mark the two outside ribs, pop a chalk line, and pre-drill them with a #40 bit.

I thought I would get started this past weekend on the skins, but it took me a little longer to get the wiring and landing light installed than I expected.

I posted a few more pictures in my album - http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/album.php?albumid=16

Leading edge skins are coming along very well. I used Dan's advice on drilling the second hole. It's the way to go. You guarantee being in the center of the rib, and they are lined up down the wing nicely.

I had several visitors this weekend. All very impressed with the carbon cub wings.

T