Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new guy

Default Greetings from a new guy

Hello everyone. I figured it's about time I introduce myself. I'm Jason "Tadpole" Tepool. I know a few of you already from other forums and aviation adventures.

So why am I on this forum now? I'm going to be CubCrafters' new Customer Support Manager. I arrive in Yakima this coming Monday and start work the following Monday. I intend to have an active presence on this forum among other places and figured I'd take a moment to let you all know about me. I've very excited about this and am looking forward to working with all of you in the very near future.

I have a wife, a 4yr old daughter, and a baby boy on the way! I'm originally from southern Indiana, but I left there as soon as I turned 18 and went into the service.

I just recently retired from the US Air Force. I spent the first half of my career as a jet engine technician / aircraft mechanic. Then they decided they wanted me to run the USAF's Parachute Team for a few years. I finished my career as basically a First Sgt and leadership instructor for cadets at the USAF Academy. During my career I was stationed in Delaware, Alaska, South Carolina, and most recently Colorado.

Outside of the military I worked at skydive centers around the country. From mechanic, instructor, videographer, manager, you name...I did it. Most of that was during the 7 years I was stationed in Alaska, man I miss living there! That's how I ended up on the USAF Parachute Team.

I'm a pilot and A&P. Until this past Monday I owned a 1947 Stinson 108-2. It was a project that was nearing completion, but I decided to sell it as we discovered we'd walk away with very little cash selling our home. Getting a nice home for my family in Yakima is much more important right now, and there's always more planes and projects out there. Hopefully I'll find another one sooner than later .

So that's the quick version. Again, I'm very excited to be able to work with all of you, and am I'm anxious to get started. These past few months of retirement have been boring! Hopefully I'll be talking to you soon, and who knows, maybe I can meet many of you at fly-ins and shows around the country soon!

Default Re: Greetings from a new guy

Welcome, Jason!
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Quote Originally Posted by Pilawt View Post
    Welcome, Jason!
    Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to finally be up your way so we can meet! Some places in Vancouver I'd like to see!

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Wecome, Tadpole.

Great folks, great product. Welcome.

So, are you going to be the one to drive the truck to Oshkosh?? If so, the SWT Aviation team looks forward to meeting you at OSH.

Regards,

John Moreland
    SWT Aviation.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Wecome, Tadpole.

Great folks, great product. Welcome.

So, are you going to be the one to drive the truck to Oshkosh?? If so, the SWT Aviation team looks forward to meeting you at OSH.

Regards,

John Moreland
    SWT Aviation.
    Thanks John. Look forward to meeting you, hopefully at Oshkosh!

Welcome to the CC family Tadpole! Looking forward to meeting and working with you!

7AK in AZ with almost 800 hrs on the tach!

IMG_0008.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com

Thanks Geo, same to you! Do you go back and forth between Washington and AZ? My brother-in-law and his family live in Gig Harbor and my in-laws live in Phoenix. So pretty much all my family will now be between the two areas.

Tadpole....start lobbying now to be a CC rep at Johnson Creek.... in fact, come to the Breaks, then JC. Welcome aboard.... these are great folks to work with. Ralph

Welcome, Jason. You appear to be an energetic guy. We'll do our best to supply you with plenty of new customers to support.
    John & Ben -- California Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by John Hodges View Post
    Welcome, Jason. You appear to be an energetic guy. We'll do our best to supply you with plenty of new customers to support.
    John & Ben -- California Cubs
    That would be great! 8)

Hitting the road in about an hour to head to Yakima. Goodbye Colorado!