Thread: Real-Time Trip to Alaska ~ Fun Stuff

Default Real-Time Trip to Alaska ~ Fun Stuff

For those of you who might not follow Supercub.org, Steve Pierce, from Texas, and Tal from Alaska, are flying from Texas to Alaska in Tal's PA-18 90 hp. Steve is a well known cub man and Tal has been working with Steve this winter. You can follow their progress here, and by clicking onto satellite view of the map, you can see what they see out the window of their cub. I'm really enjoying following this journey and it will only get better as they head up into Canada/Alaska.

See Jason's post for URL..... I can't get this ^&%$# Macintosh to let me cut/paste

When you get the spidertracks home screen, click on the "here" button in the yellow box top right of the screen. The track on top will be their latest. You can review any of the other tracks by clicking on them. Click on any of the "bubbles" in the track, and you get their ground speed, altitude, etc. What an amazing piece of technology...and, I'm thinking of it as a tutorial for my trip to AK .... someday. Ralph
    Last edited by Centmont; 04-21-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Default Re: Real-Time Trip to Alaska ~ Fun Stuff

"web page cannot be found" error...

Just a quick note, Tal isn't Steve's son. Tal is born and raised Alaskan who spends his summer time working with Paul Claus out at his lodge. He wintered in Graham, TX learning from Steve working in his shop, and is now heading home. He saved up his money and bought that PA-18. He's a good kid who loves tube and rag, and backcountry flyin!

Here's the links,
    SPOT page
    Spidertracks page
    Last edited by Jason Tepool; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    See Jason's post for URL..... I can't get this ^&%$# Macintosh to let me cut/paste
    Ralph, you just made me laugh out loud. I needed it too. I had just finished covering my Stinson wing today and the rotator failed and it crashed to the ground causing new damage. I needed a laugh!