Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Auto-pilot options

Default Re: Auto-pilot options

Helpful information. I decided to contact Dynon and ask if they've had breakthroughs in AP technology since that original testing on the Carbon Cub.
    Said they're making continued refinements but no changes which would allow the smaller servo to work well when it did not before.
    I'll just go with the SV42s. Thanks Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Helpful information. I decided to contact Dynon and ask if they've had breakthroughs in AP technology since that original testing on the Carbon Cub.
    Said they're making continued refinements but no changes which would allow the smaller servo to work well when it did not before.
    I'll just go with the SV42s. Thanks Randy.
    Chris, i used the SV42 dynon Servos on my CCEX and after tuning it per instructions, it works fine. Will hold a perfect course using Dynons GPS. Altitude hold fairly decent also. I used to fly an RV7 with Dynon Skyview and servos and it was without a doubt perfect in every way. If you need any info on servo bracketts, etc. please feel free to contact me. You can find my info on the kit builders page.

Richard

Just ordered all the things to put in a Dynon auto pilot. I ordered the medium sized servos. any tips would be great!

Well, after a lot of scratching and rubbing our heads, I finally got the roll servo in. The servo sets much better " face up"than on it's side. Have to be VERY careful and make sure the servo does not over center!!! It could prove deadly !! Hope to get it wired this week. And put it to the big test ! Battery box fits fine, sooooo, here we go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there a mechanical stop to prevent it from rotating past center?

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Is there a mechanical stop to prevent it from rotating past center?

Yes, there is a mechanical stop and Gary has it installed. If you enlarge his photo you can see it. However it is possible to install it backwards and it may not stop the arm from rotating too far.

Richard

Yes, it's installed. Richard hit it right on the nose. Don't put it in backwards. Check it and double check it! Put it on your annual check list as well. Make sure it's on.

Just an update, Dynon auto pilot is amazing !! These guys know their stuff. With the skyview I had to add almost nothing to the panel. It looks and works perfect! Two different modes to use, it takes really rough weather to kick it out. Long trips it's nice. I'm a 100 💯 foot above the power lines guy so,,,,,,but, if you have a Dynon Skyview, you want a autopilot,,, go for it. You won't be sorry 😐 3C23FBD8-C4BA-4B3A-B6F1-9E4F46542082.jpg