Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D180 Magnetometer mounting

Default Re: D180 Magnetometer mounting

The other thing is check out Youtube, lots of videos from manufacturers and owners showing off their panels in action.

Pete D

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    Thanks Pete, and RanRan for keeping this going. I just started building, and this helps to make some decisions before I get to the avionics.

My area is well covered with TIS-B and FIS-B, and I would really like to put in something that will work with them. I really don't like paying XM any more of my money. The products are great, but just try to change something, like change receivers, and you will know what I mean.

I'm thinking of making the GRT Sport one of the displays to use navworx for weather and traffic, with the G3X so that I have backup PFD. It is very close to the size of the D180. Any thoughts?

Tony
    Here's my G3X panel design with the VP-X electrical system. I call it the "Performance Lite" panel even with the Auto Pilot. Notice the G3X is centered on its screen and not the bezel. The G3X monitors and annunciates the VP-X system. (That's the VP-X screen showing). A very cool feature. And the TruTrak GX-Pilot allows control by the G3X.
    cc3xvplite.jpg
    Last edited by RanRan; 03-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Great ideas. If Garmin would just come out with remote comm and transponder for the G3X, it would make the decision a lot easier. By the time I get to that point in the build, who knows what options will be available.

GRT already supports, but the Dynon Skyview is listed as a future display that will support Navworx ADS-B, so that may be a possibility also.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    Great ideas. If Garmin would just come out with remote comm and transponder for the G3X, it would make the decision a lot easier. By the time I get to that point in the build, who knows what options will be available.

GRT already supports, but the Dynon Skyview is listed as a future display that will support Navworx ADS-B, so that may be a possibility also.

Tony
    Tony, you're forward thinking and that's great! ADS-B is the heart of the Nex-Gen system - off radar and onto GPS. It is the future in flight. I like Garmin, not for their prices, but for staying on the cutting edge - everyone else seems to be always playing catch-up.
    Last edited by RanRan; 03-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.