Thread: Factory Tour

Default Factory Tour

Hello. I found myself in Yakima this last Monday morning and decided to stop at the factory and see "what's up". I hadn't been by since the early eighties when Jim Richmond was just getting rolling with Cubcrafters and I was rebuilding a Super Cub. Mitch Travis was kind enough to give me a FULL factory tour and, to say the least, I was astounded at what I saw. I am now retired from Boeing and the quality and workmanship going into the Carbon Cub is every bit as good! Every part could be put on display as a work of art. The CNC tools produce quality parts for these Cubs that I've never seen before. I got to see wing ribs being cut on the table in less than a minute. Everything was top notch. At the end of the tour, Mitch was kind enough to offer me a demo flight in the Carbon Cub but my schedule would not allow it. You can bet I'll be back later this Spring to take him up on it. Thanks again, Mitch, for the tour. It was truly an eye opener! Rick

Default Re: Factory Tour

Yes, a CubCrafters factory tour is impressive!

My wife and I were given a tour of the factory in September 2007. Before we left the building we signed an order sheet for a new Sport Cub!
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180