Thread: Flying Yakima!!

Thumbs up Flying Yakima!!

Following the recent CubCrafters dealer meeting in Yakima, WA last week, several of us had a wonderful opportunity to go flying Carbon Cubs in the mountains. There was a lot of snow, and for a southerner like me, it was just a wonderful experience!! (That was probably more snow than I have ever seen in my LIFE!!

Take a look at the following video - you think we were having FUN?? (It's a large file, so let it load for a couple of minutes before you begin watching).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInjKf-MCPc

Special thanks to Randy Lervold, CubCrafters General Manager, for being our "guide" for the afternoon.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Default Re: Flying Yakima!!

What you don't see in the video is that we were a flight of three Carbon Cubs. We took advantage of a weather window, briefed the flight, and headed up around the Rimrock reservoir and Tieton State airport to show a couple of our dealers some local flying. The reservoir is mostly frozen so we did some low altitude skimming, then landed briefly on packed snow at 46S. With the mountainous terrain, the frozen reservoir, the snow and sun the views were simply stunning.

We then headed back toward YKM, cruised the Yakima River in trail while saying 'hi' to the local water fowl, and landed at our favorite local grass strip for a debrief. In all an absolutely stunning day, and to me the essence of Cub flying. Good friends, fabulous scenery, and great aircraft -- does it get any better?
    Randy Lervold

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Good friends, fabulous scenery, and great aircraft -- does it get any better?
    Yeah, a couple of more airplanes would have been nice.

JM

WOW ! Great video.
    Ben Hodges
    California Cubs
    www.californiacubs.com