Thread: Big Crate in the Hangar

Default Big Crate in the Hangar

This huge crate arrived today. I can't wait to get started building the Carbon Cub. Unfortunately, travel for work is going to keep me from opening it up for a couple of weeks.

I wanted to introduce myself to the group and warn you that I may be asking a lot of dumb questions as the build progresses. So feel free to talk bad about me as long as you answer. If anyone is interested in building and in the Western North Carolina area, feel free to drop into NC08 to take a look.

To show I am not a complete free-loader, attached is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that I put together to see if the CC was right for me. Feel free to use as you wish.

CC WB Calculations.xls

Regards, Tony

Default Re: Big Crate in the Hangar

Welcome!

Ask anything-if it sounds dumb there's probably 5 other guys wondering about it but waiting for someone else to ask.

Looking forward to hearing the play-by-play of a new Carbon Cub being assembled.

Pete D.

Hi Tony,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!!
    Randy Lervold

Five month ago I had a similar crate in my hanger. It took me two days to unwrap all the bubble wrap. Have fun and good luck.
    Dick Krause

Thanks for the great spreadsheet. It shows what I already figured out in my head. My typical mission will need more than 1320 max gross, I guess I'll have to find time and $$ in my life to build.

I look forward to reading your build reports.
    To go up, pull back on the stick. To go down, pull back harder on the stick.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.

I just got back late yesterday from a Europe trip, so I was a little bit lazy today. However, I did take the top off the crate, and grabbed the manual to start reading. Cut out the wood for the wing stands also. I'll finish building those tomorrow and start the inventory and parts board.

My first impression is that this is a well thought out and high quality kit. Even the packing in the crate was impressive. Thanks Mitch!

Ninerpilot, if you scroll to the right a little bit in the spreadsheet, you can see how the W&B envelope works out for the 1865 gross in addition to the 1320 Gross.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    Ninerpilot, if you scroll to the right a little bit in the spreadsheet, you can see how the W&B envelope works out for the 1865 gross in addition to the 1320 Gross.

Tony
    Tony,

I saw that feature already on the your spreadsheet. You obviously thought through this too, as you have decided to undertake the build. Thanks again.
    To go up, pull back on the stick. To go down, pull back harder on the stick.

Hi, Tony!

Welcome to the family!!

I was really excited when Mitch told me you had bought the kit. At some point after Sun-N-Fun, I'll bring my demo airplane up your way so you can experience the thrill of flying the Carbon Cub.

I hope you enjoy the build, and please know that Mitch and his staff stand ready to assist in any way possible; ditto for me and SWT Aviation.

Talk to you soon.

Chip

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Chip,
    Thanks, and I look forward to the visit up this way.

Mitch has been great to work with.

Enjoy SNF, wish I had time to go.

Tony